Problems at a Gala

Kara entered the gala, she saw Lena and walked over to her. "Aha, Kara it's good to see you," Lena said.

"Nice to see you too, Lena." Kara replied she lowered her voice, "Is anyone watching over the portal during the gala?"

Lena lowered her voice as well, "No, but I had security strengthened for the gala, only an alien could get past it."

"Have you figured out if it's safe for someone to go through?" Kara asked.

"It is possible for someone to go through," Lena replied, "I sent multiple drones into it, but I have no idea what happened to them. A human needs to go through in order for us to learn what we are trying to learn about it."

*      *        *        *

Later in the night close to midnight, a crash came from the entrance to the gala. Kara ran over to the entrance to see if anyone was hurt. She saw a car blocking the exit, the car was sticking up from the ground, hood first. In front of the car was a woman in the same kind of outfit that Non and Astra had worn. It was Hala Dor-Ma, the mother of Ken and Kane. Kara sent Kane a text, Your mother is at the L-Corp gala.

Kane responded, Ken and I are on our way, do nothing.

"Where is Lena Luthor?" Hala yelled.

Lena stepped out from the crowd, "I am Lena Luthor."

Hala landed in front of Lena, "What have you done with my husband?"

"I don't understand what you are talking about," Lena responded in confusion.

"My husband went to your building a month ago," Hala said, "And he never came back. I repeat, what have you done with him? If you don't tell me I will kill someone."

"Who is your husband?" Lena asked.

"Del Dor, the greatest fighter in the universe," Hala responded with pride.

"I have no idea who he is," Lena responded.

Hala looked at everyone at the gala. Her eyes fell on Kara, recognizing her, Hala's eyes hardened, "Then I will kill someone." Hala's eyes glowed red, beams of heat vision shot out from her eyes at Kara.

Ken landed in front of Kara, countering Hala's heat vision with his own. "Hey, Mom." He said as Kane landed beside him, "What brings you to Earth?"

"Betraying your family again, Ken and Kane." Hala said laughing, "Neither of you was ever cared about, your father and I never loved you. I will kill you without a second's hesitation."

"Would you kill your daughter if she was alive?" Kane asked, "Did you ever care about her?"

"Or did you hate her like you did me and Kane?" Ken asked.

"You never had the potential she had." Hala responded eyes tiring up at the thought of her dead daughter, "She deserved to live more than anyone on this forsaken planet."

"You right," Ken said, "But not because she had more potential than anyone on Krypton, but because she had a heart made of gold, she always put everyone first, even if they were mean to her. She loved you even after you were sent to Rozz."

Kane stepped forward, "If you loved her, then act like her, honor her memory."

"And why should I listen to trash like you two." Hala said levitating, "Why should I be a hero alongside trash like the House of El."

Ken lost it and flew at her, Kane behind him. Hala flew to the sky with Ken on her tail while Kane moved the car blocking the exit. He made sure that everyone made it out, "Are you okay?" Kane asked as Kara exited.

"Yes, you and Ken got here before anything happened," Kara responded.

"I mean like, with us talking about you-know-who?" Kane said awkwardly.

Kara laughed, "Her name isn't Voldemort." Kane looked at her weird, "Forget it, I've been on Earth just as long as you and Ken, I've tried to remember her by doing my best to help people like she would have wanted."

"She would have wanted you to be you," Kane said.

"Earth wouldn't be able to handle the girl I was on Krypton." Kara responded, "Good night, Kane."

A/N

Okay truth time, no one has submitted any new covers. That's why I haven't really been active and posting. Well, that's one of the reasons, the other reasons are more personal. If you have a cover but you think its stupid please submit it. I love seeing my fellow fans' skills, it's one of the reasons I read and write fanfiction.