Chapter 8

Okay so another chapter filler because I don't want to make them too long but it has more sherlock YAYYYYY, but I will actually get on with the case in the next chapter don't worry!!

This story is going somewhere by the way ;p

A/N: I do not own any of the characters apart from my oc Ellen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He cocked his head at me and opened the door wider.

"Oh Sherlock, I was, I-" I started stuttering under his confused gaze.

"Ellen? You were leaving, but you only just arrived," he said still confused and not noticing my nervous jittering.

"I realised I had to wait for a delivery today and completely forgot, so..." I started turning away again.

"I'm sure they will just leave it with the neighbour, do come in," he had sensed my lie.

Turning back, I walked up the steps and into 221b Baker Street. I ran up the stairs after Sherlock and he stood waiting at the door at the top of the stairs, smiling at me.

I had to admit, he was a sociopath, but a cute one.

"Welcome," he opened the door for me and I wondered into the cluttered flat while glancing around.

It was a mess, which didn't surprise me, Sherlock didn't look like the one for domestic cleaning.

"So, this is where you and John solve cases then?" I asked as Sherlock strode in after me.

"It is, although you won't get to see me and John in action today like he describes in that blog of his." He said flopping into a leather arm chair as I stood there adjusting my skirt, he motioned me to sit down in the chair across him.

"Oh, where is John then?" I asked sitting slowly in the old battered red chair.

"Oh, he's somewhere, I think he mentioned he had a job," Sherlock said with the wave of his hand.

"How do you not know if he has a job?" I asked chuckling at the vague nature Sherlock was giving about John.

"Well these things are not of the upmost important, it's funny how you people think that knowing about someone's life is dominant knowledge, the same with useless facts." He said smiling at me as if I should be offended, but I just laughed at him.

"Well then Sherlock Holmes, do tell me what a useless fact is to you," I asked knowing his answer would be ridiculous.

"The earth going around the sun, it has never helped me in anything ever," his smile stretched with his pride.

"Yes, but you still know it don't you? If it was useless you wouldn't remember it," I said with a chuckle.

"Well I only know because John told me a couple of days ago, anyway I think we have better things to get on with." He got up and smoothed out his deep purple shirt, there was no point really, the buttons looked like they were going to burst any moment.

"Yes, I agree, are we actually going to solve some cases?" I said looking up at him.

"Yes of course, what else would you be here for?" He asked with a dangerous smile.