Chapter 10

Hey guys sooooo sorry I am terrible at updating this! College got in the way of the fandom life but I am back and I am determined to finish this fanfic by the end of this summer!

This chapter is the start of the case and where things get interesting I hope lol. We also get to have a look at Ellens dirty thoughts towards Sherlock so get ready for that!

Anyhoo lets ge this chapter started!!

A/N: I do not own any of the characters apart from Ellen Lestrade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The black slim car was waiting for us outside. Sherlock slipped on his empowering coat and turned up his collars while smiling at me. I looked away and blushed, he presence made me feel like a teenager crushing on someone for the first time, yet at the same time I wanted to press him against the wall of the flat and kiss him. I straightened my skirt. Don't be stupid Ellen, Sherlock is married to his work.

Sherlocked flittered passed me and ran down the steps as Mycroft opened the door. I stood at the top of the stairs not sure why I was waiting, probably I because I was nervous, I mean it was my first case with Sherlock, well my first case at all.

"Ellen, hurry up," Sherlock called but in a sweet tone rather than an agitated one.

I shook my head and went down to the front door, passing Sherlock and out into the street.

Mycroft was holding the car door for me and beckoning me inside, "Miss Lestrade," he said and motioned his hand to the seat. My what polite gentleman the Holmes brothers were, just a shame they couldn't be polite to each other.

Sherlock huddled in after me and squished against me as Mycroft got in the car. His scent was overpowering in a lustrous way and my hands turned to butter and started sweating. He smelt of musky tobacco and pine needles, making me feel light headed but I tried to concentrate on what Mycroft was saying and get my mind focused back onto the case.

"So, Madame Leverne is staying at the Ritz Hotel, she is a member of the Royal House of Bourbon in France and is the aunt of Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou. Her possessions were taken on Sunday night before she returned from visiting her lover who she refrains naming." Sherlock rolled his eyes but Mycroft carried on.

"The possessions stolen were an Emerald and sapphire necklace, a 100kt gold bracelet and a pure diamond ring. We suspect that these items were stolen by common thieves who got lucky, however-"

Sherlock interrupted, "these thieves can't be that common if they haven't left any clues to their whereabouts. A common thief would be messy and trash the room for more items. These thieves knew what they were after, so we are either dealing with insiders that work within the hotel or someone who works for this Madame Leverne."

"And they can't be that common if Mycroft Holmes couldn't solve the case," I said eyeing Mycroft's embarrassed face. Sherlock chuckled.

"The point is," Mycroft said, "we have enlisted your help, so gloat all you want Sherlock but you know you won't get the credit for it in the long run."

"Doesn't matter, "Sherlock said smiling, "as long as I know I am better than my brother, credit means nothing to me."

I laughed, and we continued to drive towards our destination. And I swore that during that car ride Sherlock just kept getting closer and closer to me.