Chapter 21

Enjoy the chapter! And look out for the creepy characters ~ oops spoilerrrsss
————————-

Mycroft's team were told to split up and check the whole hotel. Sherlock suggested going back to the room too see if the kidnapper was still there. But when we got Levernes hotel suite, we only found the room ransacked, no kidnapper or robber.
Sherlock began instantly looking for fingerprints or DNA of our thief, and me and Mycroft stood by the main door.

I looked at the Chester draws where I found the metal rod last time I was here and in amongst the spilt perfume and makeup was a key card, a hotel key card.

"They got in with a key card this time," I said picking it up with the sleeve of my coat.

Sherlock looked over at me confused, "this time?"

"Well the first time they broke the lock with a metal rod, but this time they came in with a key card. Which means they must have taken it off of Leverne. Which means there must be some kind of footage of someone entering the room." I didn't wait for anyone to answer instead I walked out of the room and looked around the corridor. There was a CCTV camera situated by the lift at the end of the corridor.

I went back to the room, "Sherlock I'm going to go downstairs to the reception and look at their tapes." Sherlock nodded, too intrigued in his work.

At reception I rang the tiny bell to get the attention of the clerk. He smiled at me as he came from the back area and greeted me with a friendly hello. He had a black hair and weasel looking face, that didn't improve when he smiled. And there was something vaguely familiar about him.
"Good morning Miss how may I help you," his voice was flamboyant and too cheerful.

"I need to look at your security tapes, I'm with Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes." I said urgently.

"Of course follow me, anything to help find Madame Leverne." He said and he took me to a back room with a desk and computers. "What time are you wanting to look at."

"Between midnight and 1 am today, floor 12 please." I said sitting at the desk.

He put the tape on and sat behind me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable with his presence. My god why does he feel so familiar?
I ignored the thought and combed through the tapes. When I got to 12:41 there was a slight jump. I rewound the tape and watched again. I was positive that the tape had been stopped and edited. I rewound again and paused. At 12:41 a man can be seen leaving the lift. But as soon as the lift doors close he disappears. I looked at the paused tape closely. I swear, but it couldn't be.

The man coming from the lift was the exact man sitting behind me. I became tense.

"Can I ask what you were doing here," I pointed at the tape and he leaned forward to look.

"Ah yes we had a problem in room 237 something about the tap on the bath not producing any hot water. Our maintenance team wasn't on sight so I went to have a look." He said confidently, but I didn't believe him.

"What time did you finish working?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well I was supposed to finish at twelve but one of our night team didn't turn up so I stayed on until 2. Some people are so unreliable!" He said chuckling.

I smiled, as if to say I believed him, but this creep just didn't feel right. "Well thank you, all I needed to see was if the tape was edited, and it was. Thank you for your time."

"Not at all," he said and showed me the way out.

I returned to the room where Sherlock and Mycroft were talking. They had somber looks on them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We found Leverne," Mycroft said sadly.
Oh no this can't be good.

"She's dead, they found her hanging in the meat locker down in the kitchen." Sherlock said.