Chapter 13

IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN TOO LONG!
I promise i will try to update!!
Anyway this chapters dedicated to my good friend Georgia ❤️
————————————————————————

The restaurant was tucked away in the more quiet streets of London, a little Italian place with romantic dim lit rooms and a white rose bush flourishing around the main door.
Sherlock helped me out of the cab and paid the driver, then when the cab left, he snaked his hand around my waist and guided me to the restaurant. By now I felt like I had used up every breath I had, and died each time his hand fidgeted on my back.
'After you,' Sherlock said politely, still with an undertone of seductiveness.
I thanked him and walked in into the quaint establishment.
'Ahhh Mr Holmes, how are we? Long time no see!' A large man came towards Sherlock and shock his hand vigorously, his face was round and red and he wore an apron which was splashed with food.
'Please call me Sherlock Mario,' Sherlock waved his hand in a casual manner.
'Yes, yes, the usual Sherlock?' He said beaming and pointing to a table in the back of the restaurant.
'Hm I think not, do you have a window seat? London is rather beautiful tonight,' Sherlock said looking at me. I blushed.
'Just in luck Sherlock we do, now this way,' Mario said striding off towards the table.
Sherlock and I sat down at a table right next to the window which was decorated with candles and hanging garden baskets, the whole thing was very romantic. You mustn't get the wrong idea Ellen! I said to myself, because I knew that Sherlock's romantic tone was too good to be true.
'Did you know Sherlock got me out of a tricky murder case a couple of years ago,' Mario smiled as if getting into murder cases was something everyone did.
'Please Mario think nothing of it,' Sherlock smiled and took the menu that had been offered. I took mine and buried my face in it, hoping Sherlock wouldn't see me looking all giddy at him.
'Yes well he is always welcomed here, now I'll give you a moment,' Mario laughed and walked away singing a tune as he went.
'Looks like we basically have the whole restaurant to ourselves tonight,' Sherlock said as he looked at the menu.
I gazed around, he was right, apart from an elderly couple and a young man, the place was empty.
'Is it usually busy?' I asked, going along with what seemed like small talk.
'On a weekend, yes' Sherlock said, the seductive tone slowly disappearing. My heart sank.
Why has Sherlock brought me here? Does he feel some kind of connection? Is he lonely without John? Does he even feel love?
I felt overwhelmed with emotions and was glad when Mario brought a jug of water to the table.
'Have we decided?' Mario said to us.
'Hm yes I will have the Chicken Alfresco, and you Ellen?' He looked up at me and this time there was a twinkle in his eyes.
'I'll have the Carbonara please,' I said not taking my eyes off Sherlock, he didn't take his off mine either.
Mario walked away and left us locking eyes with each other still. Sherlock smirked and place his hands on his lip in a prayer position.
'What,' I said to break the silence.
'You don't look like your brother, nor are you as smart as him, and I can't work out why that is,' Sherlock cocked his head, eyeing me up.
'Well it may be to do with the fact that I'm adopted,' I said, quietly, quite surprised I was sharing this information with him.
He sat up straight and placed his hands on the table. 'Oh, adopted?'
'Yes, my mother couldn't have anymore children after Lestrade, so my parents adopted me as a baby. And before you ask I don't know my birth mother.' I said looking out of the window into the dark quiet street.
'Do you want to know?' Sherlock said in a sensitive tone.
'Not really, I mean sure I'm curious but,' I paused, this was the first time I was talking about my adoption with someone who wasn't my family. 'I am happy where I am, and I love my mother and family. Maybe not Greg,' I said smirking, trying to lift the mood.
Who is Greg?' Sherlock said, and I burst out laughing, Sherlock joined in.
'Ah good old Greg,' Sherlock mused.
'He speaks highly of you,' I said sipping my water.
'That's not surprising is it really,' Sherlock gave me a devilish smirk, and as I played with the water droplets on the cold water jug, Sherlock's hand slid towards my other and rested it gently on top. His hand was warm and soft and my breathing became rapid, panicking if someone was to see us, but then again who would? Calm down Ellen!
'I feel like I've met you before,' Sherlock mused while he started to stroke my hand.
'Really? Why do you say that?' I asked turning my hand over so our palms were touching.
'I don't know, you just feel familiar,' Sherlock looked down at our hands which were now caressing each other.
The panic was gone now and I felt myself swimming in his mysterious blue eyes. There was something in me that I never felt before, someone who in all my craziness, understood me.
I adjusted myself in my chair and felt body leaning towards the dark handsome man in front of me. My eyes were focused on his pink lips, the lips I was dreaming of. Sherlock lent closer too, we were like two magnets connecting.
His face was so close to mine over the table that I could feel the heat from his blushing face.
Suddenly two plates caused us to recoil back into our seats, my heart sank as I smelt the delicious food sitting in front of me.
Mario started talking to Sherlock, but I ignored them both. The guilt and remembrance of Alan sinking into me as I stabbed at my pasta.