Chapter 9

Well you lucky people are getting some Sherlock and Mycroft banter ayeee.

Anyway the real crime solving is next I promise I just don't want to make my chapters too long and I am super tired soo soz.

Anyhoo enjoy!!!

A/N: I do not own any of these characters apart from my OC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly there was a polite knock at the door.

"Come in Mycroft," Sherlock said rolling his eyes.

The door opened to reveal a tall plump man in sharp dressed suit holding an umbrella. His facial expression was pained, as if he didn't want to be here. I examined his face even more and found that he slightly resembled Sherlock through his nose and face shape then it struck me. This must be his brother, Mycroft Holmes!

"You are late," Sherlock said in a bored tone, while glancing at his watch.

"I'm early actually, you're the one who is late, two days late! I told you Sherlock to meet me in my office about the case but as usual you completely ignored me." As Mycroft said this through gritted teeth, Sherlock mouthed his words in a childish manner, turning away from Mycroft to look at me. I tried to hold in my giggle.

"I was indisposed," Sherlock said winking at me before sitting back into his chair and crossing his legs. "Anyway, I knew you would show up eventually, you always do," he added with a smile.

"Well it doesn't matter now brother mine, what does matter is the case at hand. I am guessing you received the case file I sent you after you decided to be indisposed," he said making inverted comma signs with his hands. He had crossed the room now and idly played with his umbrella in an exhausted manner.

"Yes, I did, but I want to hear how my brother, who works for the British government," he added and nodded at me before carrying on, "couldn't solve a theft case." Sherlock put his hands to his lips.

Mycroft sighed loudly, at glared at Sherlock, "the case Sherlock if you will," he said stamping his umbrella down on the floor. All of a sudden, he turned towards me and smiled. "Have a new pet Sherlock, where's John gone to?" I shuffled in my chair uncomfortable.

"This is Ellen, she works at St Barts and does an awfully good job at deducing, almost as good as you," he said beaming at me. I blushed heavily.

"I thought there was only one woman for you?" Mycroft said with a nasty tone, I tried to hide my intrigued face by looking at the floor, ignoring Sherlock's gaze.

"Mycroft," Sherlock said warningly. "I could say the same about you."

"Don't be absurd!" Mycroft jumped in quickly, discarding the accusation. "Maybe we should get back to the case then," Mycroft said turning a bit pink in the cheeks.

"Yes, I think we should," Sherlock said getting up and walking over to his messy desk. He grabbed an official looking folder and flicked through it.

"But Mycroft what does interest me is how you manage to fit it in with all your busy work," Sherlock said, still looking at the folder. I giggled at the remark.

"Sherlock!" Mycroft said angrily.

Suddenly a text alert went off of a woman moaning. We all exchanged awkward looks and then Sherlock said, "lets solve this case shall we."