Chapter 18

Omg another chapter?!? The plot will pick up now I promise!! Things will get interesting so stay tuned!
————————————————

It was midnight and I was curled up in Sherlock's leather chair, waiting for him to return.
Mrs Hudson came up the stairs with a cup of tea and two custard creams, I thanked her gingerly and she sat across from me.

"I always thought Sherlock was, you know into men," she said, her voice trailing away. "But he keeps surprising me." She chuckled and I smiled.

"Do you know Sherlock well?" She continued.
"We only met a few days ago, he's so fascinating though, so intelligent it's unnatural." I said to Mrs Hudson, trying to hide my teenage girl crush.

"Yes unusual boy, but very helpful. Helped me in a few tricky places myself. Although I'm not keen on the body parts being stored in the fridge," she screwed up her face in disgust.  I smiled weakly, feeling the tiredness coming to me.
"Just be careful dear, I don't like to see the innocent get hurt." And before I could ask her what she meant she was walking down the stairs, humming as she went.

Has Sherlock hurt before, is he known to be a playboy or something? Is that even what she meant? Did she mean dangerous cases? My head was spinning slightly so I sank lower into the chair and closed my eyes, trying to make sense of it all.

I must have nodded off, because I awoke to a crash that came from the kitchen. I opened my eyes and there was Sherlock, picking up pieces of a mug that he had obviously dropped.
"Sherlock?" I said wearily.

"Ellen, sorry I didn't mean to wake you, Mrs Hudson hasn't cleared any of these coffee mugs, I knocked it over with my laptop." He said chucking the pieces of ceramic in the bin.

"You do know she isn't your housekeeper," I smiled and he shot me a dirty look but then it relaxed into a smirk. I got up, stretched and walked over to the kitchen table.

"How was the lead?" I asked looking on his laptop. But I was taken aback by what was on there. A woman with dark hair dressed in dominatrix clothing splashed the web page, with seductive quotes and contact details. Was this something Sherlock was in to? Was this what he had gone to look into and not a lead?

"Ah that I can explain," he said and I looked at him confused. "That is Irene Adler, or the Woman as me and John like to call her. She's a dominatrix with a rich clientele, I've dealt with her before." The casualness of his voice threw me off. What did he mean he dealt with her before?
"On a case," he quickly said then continued. "Well my homeless network saw her coming out of the back door of the Ritz the last two nights before the crime, which confirmed my suspicion at who this royal's lover was."

"So you think Irene Adler stole the jewels, what while Madame Leverne was sleeping?" I asked, my eyes darting back to the web page. She didn't look like the kind of woman to steal jewels, she looked quite wealthy enough to buy them herself.
"See that was my first suspicion, but Adler wouldn't want things such as jewels, she would want something more private, more personal, something that could exploit someone." Sherlock said, he seemed very informed about this Irene Adler. I felt a slight stab of jealousy but tried to ignore it.

"What if she stole something precious but covered it up by stealing the jewels so that no one would notice?" I asked trying to understand how this woman works.

"No that's too obvious, and nothing private was taken. No she has to be working with someone. It wouldn't be the first time." Sherlock said sorting through papers across from me.

"The first time?" The jealousy was had to ignore now.

"Are you jealous," Sherlock said cockily as he looked up at me. I tried to make my face blank. He walked over to me brushed my cheek. "She's corrupt, Ellen."

"And? I thought you liked criminals?" The anger just exploded out of me. "I'm sorry I don't know why I'm mad, I can't really talk can I?" I said guiltily, thinking of Alan and how I had all those thoughts about Sherlock.

"We both make mistakes Ellen." Sherlock's voice was soft and calming.

"This isn't a mistake is it?" I asked, my voice small and desperate.

"God no," and with that he picked me up, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist and slammed his lips into mine. Then with me straddled and our lips intertwined he carried me to his room.

The bed was comfier than the desk.