Chapter 43

This chapter is dedicated to @QueenAleenah03 who is another person who just popped out of nowhere. Instead of commenting on every chapter she comments on every like 20 lines or so😂. Her comments are small but they usual make me laugh. She's shown so much love for the story in the last few hours/days (she isn't even in the 30 chapters yet) but I can tell she's enjoying the story. So thank you!

Chapter 43
Stephanie

2016-17

Filming started a few days ago. We're on just over a thirty-day shoot. Jacque, Cassie, and I have completely cleared or schedules so that we are on set every hour, every day. Some would call it overbearing, but if our secret gets out, we're done for.

Today is the day that they'll be shooting the scene when Cassie has the miscarriage. All of NE was on set this day because we knew Cassie and Ralph would need the support. Our sons were even here to lend extra support.

"Algee. Kim. Let's talk." Cassie and Ralph call over their actors. The four go off to talk about the scene while we ignore them.

"This is going to be hard to watch," JJ says as she rubs her flat, two month belly. "I can't imagine going through that. I love my baby and it's only been two months."

"Yeah but it's an important part of their lives." Ricky says.

"Our lives really." Bobby wraps an arm around my shoulders. I lean into my fatass bestest friend.

"I know it's sad but let's cheer up. After this we get to see Luke with a Jerry curl." Bryshere says with an arm around JJ's shoulders and we all laugh.

"Just let your sooooouuuul glow," Wally teases. He's been so happy since his boyfriend Uriah has been in town. "One can of Murray's is all you need for a lifetime, my brother."

"Dad, I can't believe you had that nasty ass hair style. That was ugly as hell." Tre says then runs behind me as Johnny playfully raises his hand as if he was going to hit our youngest.

"Boy, that was the style back then." Ralph says as he, Cassie, Kim, and Algee walk up. Kim has been fitted with a fake baby bump.

"Just like that nasty as lip of hair you had back then?" I roll my eyes and the kids laugh harder. "I saw they put it on Algee a few days back."

Everyone laughs harder as a girl comes up to put the gap in Woody's mouth.

"Ooohh. That boy got his gap in." Elijah teases Woody who pouts. The Bigs start going in on each other before they're called to set. Kim hugs Cassie one good time before running behind the others.

Two different places have been set up side by side. One side is what the inside of Ralph's and Cassie's 1989 apartment could have looked like and the other is a hospital. Everyone but Kim and Algee stand in the hospital set. Stage crew has Kim lay down in the "bathroom" of the apartment as they put a lot of blood on and around her.

"Quiet on set. Places. In three, two, one. Action!" Chris Robinson shouts and they start acting.

I frown as I watch the scene unfold. It was horrifying the first time to live through it but to watch it over and over hurt more each time. Cassie actually stopped the scene because she couldn't handle it after the third time.

"Don't you have enough angles already?!" Cassie shouts out as she has to watch Algee throw potted plants for the third time.

"Cut!" Chris shouts and the cameras stop. "Cassie, we can move on for the day. Or we can have you leave. But we need to do this about twenty more times. We need to get every angle to cut this together right."