Chapter 7

Cira's POV - After Jason Leaves
I sat down on the bed that was there and looked around.
It was dark, the only light coming from the lamp on the little table and the glowing of the red button next to the door.
The windows were sealed with metal as well as the door.
I was terrified. I don't know where Jason is. Or what was wrong in the first place.
All he said was there was a rogue problem.
But he didn't elaborate on how big or small this rogue problem was.

Bang bang bang
My thoughts were interrupted by someone banging on the door.
"Cira? Jason sent me to get you." I heard someone yell through the door.
I got up and walked over to the door.
"Don't open this for anyone but me. Not even Ryan."
I stopped as I remembered what Jason had said to me.
"Cira!" The man yelled. "Open the door! Jason sent me!"
"No thank you!" I yelled back.
"Just open the fucking door Cira!" The man yelled again, hitting the door.
"I'm going to wait for Jason because I was told not to open the door!" I yelled, backing away. "Have you ever heard of stranger danger? Because I have!"
I heard his groan of frustration before his footsteps pounded down the hall.
But what if Jason did send him?
Or what if he didn't send him because he can't. What if he's dead?
I shook my head at that thought and sat down.
Please don't be dead Jason.

"Cira!" I heard Jason yell through the door. "Open the door, Love. It's me!"
I jumped off of the bed and hit the button.
The doors slowly opened and I saw Jason standing there.
I jumped into his arms and he held me tight.
"I didn't want to go with the guy you sent to get me." I said quietly. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something important by making you come get me."
"What the hell do you mean?" He asked, putting me down.
"A man knocked on the door. He said you sent him. But you said not to open the door for anyone but you. And the way he yelled at me didn't seem right so I told him no thank you. It was all I could think to say."
"I didn't send anyone to get you Cira. You did the right thing by not opening the door." He said, pulling me back to him.
I nodded and held onto him tightly.
"Come on." He said, picking me up.
I snuggled further into his chest and smiled softly.
He was being my mate and it made me really happy.

He carried me into our room and sat me on the bed.
I looked at the clock and realized the entire day had come and gone. I went into that room at 10 am. It's 9 pm now.
"The rogue from today." Jason said, sitting next to me. "He's the rogue that killed my sister. And I think whoever came to get you was working for him. We have a traitor amongst us. The rogue was distracting me while trying to get to you."
"What happened? With your sister?" I asked quietly.
"It was last year." He said, looking at the floor. "Hadley. She went for a run. There had been a rogue crossing our borders, but we couldn't catch him. He was too quick, too quiet. When she went for her run she was too close to the border and he grabbed her. She mind linked me. So Ryan and I ran as fast as we could to where she was. But we were too late. We got there right in time to watch him slit her throat. He dropped her and ran, both Ryan and I too shocked to chase him. We ran over. But she was already dead."
He looked up at me with tears running down his face. "She died and I couldn't save her. She was all I really cared about. And the rogue knew it. So when I found you I thought it'd be best to push you away, that way he wouldn't know I cared for you. So he'd leave you alone. But shit Cira. I was wrong for even thinking that. You're my mate. I should protect you, not push you away. I'm sorry Cira. I'm so sorry."
I shook my head and grabbed his hands.
"Jason it isn't your fault. For some reason that rogue wants to hurt you. That isn't your fault." I said.
"No Cira. He isn't just any rogue." He said.
"What do you mean Jason?" I asked.
"The rogues name is Sean. He's my dad." He whispered.
-----------------------------------------
Well,
She Avoided Being Kidnapped By Knowing Her Stranger Danger Rules ;)
So,
Plot Twist!
Those Are Always Fun ;)
At Least Jason Seems Genuinely Sorry About Not Being A Good Mate At First.
Now Maybe He'll Actually Treat Her Right.
But What About The Traitor?
Who Could That Be?
Keep Reading To Find Out ;)
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"But As Long I Remember What It Felt Like To Love You, I'll Always Feel Alive."
-Allenah<3