Chapter 10

I groaned and rolled over, slamming my hand on the alarm.
9:00 am.
I got out of bed and went into the closet, looking at my clothes.
I grabbed a pair of my thick, black leggings and a long sleeved, blue shirt.
I went into the bathroom and showered, getting out and getting dressed.
I had blow dried my hair and was in the middle of putting makeup on when my phone rang.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Cira." A mans voice came through the phone. "Look out of your window."
I slowly walked over to the window and peaked out.
"Who are you?" I asked, staring at the man who was standing at the edge of the woods.
"Your worst nightmare." He said before hanging up.
I backed away from the window and ran down all nine flights of stairs.
I ran through the house, locking doors and windows on the first floor when I tripped. I fell into a table, the corner slicing my thigh.
I put my hand over my now ripped leggings as blood seeped through the cut.
I slowly got up and went back to the stairs, sitting down as tears slipped from my eyes.
There were no Pack members in the house at this time of day so I did the only thing I could.
I picked up my phone and dialed Jason's number.
"Jason?" I whispered when he answered the phone.
"Cira, what is it?" He asked.
"There was a man. And he was by the woods. And I hurt myself. And I need you to come home. Please." I said quietly as tears continued to pour down my cheeks.
"I'm on my way Cira. Stay on the phone." He said.
"Okay." I whispered.
I screamed as someone started banging on the door.
"Cira!" Jason yelled. "Baby I'm almost there! Go to the panic room!"
I began to run back up the stairs, ignoring the burning pain on my leg, as I heard the door fly off the hinges.
"Cira. Don't make this harder on yourself." He said as I got to the second flight of stairs. "Just come back down here."
I looked back and saw his face before I kept running up.
I didn't look back after that as I heard his footsteps pounding after me, only causing me to go faster.

I reached the top floor and ran to the panic room.
"Cira!" The man yelled as I slammed the door closed.
I locked the first door and hit the button, watching as the metal closed around the door.
I sank to the ground and took my shirt off, wrapping it around my leg before holding the phone to my ear again as the man banged on the door.
"Cira? Are you there?" Jason asked.
"I'm still here." I said, trying to catch my breath.
"God damnit!" The man yelled as I'm guessing he broke the door and saw the metal.
"Tell him I'm on my way. I'll be there soon." Jason said.
"Jason's on his way!" I yelled through the door. "He'll be here soon!"
"My son is nothing but a weak pup." The man growled.
"Jason." I whispered. "It's your dad."
"Fuck!" I heard him yell through the phone. "Do not open that door!"
"I won't." I said quietly.
"Jason I think he's leaving." I said as I heard his footsteps walk away.
"Cira. Don't open that door until I get there." He said. "I'm pulling in."
"Okay." I said, staying on the floor as I listened to the mans footsteps run down the stairs.
Not even a minute later I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
I slowly stood up, staying in the same spot.
"Cira." I heard Jason through the door. "Baby open the door."
I pressed the button and watched as the metal door opened, revealing Jason.
I jumped into his arms and he caught me with ease.
"You're okay." He whispered as tears cascaded down my face.
I nodded and buried my face in his shoulder as he carried me to our room.
He took me into the bathroom and sat me on the counter, reaching under the sink and grabbing a first aid kit.
He cleaned the cut off before wrapping a bandage around it.
"There you go." He said, smiling softly.
"Thank you." I said quietly.
"What happened?" He asked.
"He called and told me to look out the window. I did and he was at the woods. I asked who he was and he said my worst nightmare before hanging up. So I ran downstairs. And I was running around, trying to lock everything, when I tripped. And the table cut me." I looked at the floor. "I'm sorry."
"Cira." He said, lifting my face up so I was looking into his eyes. "Don't be sorry. It isn't your fault." He said, wiping the tears from my face.
"Can we still do the thing you wanted to take me to?" I asked.
"If you feel up to it then of course." He nodded.
"I want to." I said, smiling softly.
"Then let's get you into some different clothes." He said, picking me up.
"Do you want sweatpants?" He asked.
"Depends on where we're going." I said.
"Okay. Well I can promise you that you won't need anything fancy. These will be fine." He said, tossing me a pair of black sweatpants and his red sweatshirt.
I took off my ruined pants and shirt, slipping into the other clothes.
"Perfect." He smiled, holding his hand out.
I placed mine in his and he took me downstairs and outside.
"Someone will fix that." He said, gesturing to the broken door.
I nodded and followed him to a building around the side of the house that I'd never been in.
He pushed a button and a door opened, revealing a bunch of cars.
"We need my truck." He said, grabbing a set of keys off of the wall and walking over to a black truck.
I followed him and jumped in as he started it.