Epilogue

16 Years Later

"Jason," Ryan called, "get your happy ass down these steps!"
"Don't talk to him like that," I said, shoving my elbow into his side.
"He was supposed to be up and down here an hour ago."
"It's his birthday," I groaned, "let the boy be."
"What do you want," Jason groaned, walking down the steps.
"It's noon. You were supposed to be up an hour ago," Ryan scolded.
"Dad," Jason sighed, "I was up half the night with my friends after the early birthday party you threw since you guys decided that today was too busy for a party."
"Just becuase it's your birthday doesn't mean you get out of training," I said, "I love you and happy birthday, but in two years you'll be the Alpha of the strongest pack in the country. You need to keep learning."
"Mom," Jason said, "That's two years away."
"Time  will fly by," Ryan said, "You need to be ready."
Jason groaned, "fine. I'll go get dressed."
"Wait," I said, "fine. you can skip today. But you better be awake and ready tomorrow at 11. And go ahead and call your sister. I know you were upset she went to summer camp and isn't here for your twos birthday, but she's your sister so go call her."
"Thanks Mom," he smiled before kissing my cheek and ran back to his bedroom.
"Seriously Cira," Ryan sighed as he walked back to the office.
"What," I shrugged, "it is his birthday Ryan. And he's right. He's 16, can't we at least let him try to be a normal kid. Even if it is just for today, let him enjoy his birthday without worrying about the Alpha responsibilities."
"Fine," he nodded, "I guess you're right."
"That happens quite a bit," I giggled, "if only you'd listen to me more often."

"Mom!"
I walked out of the office just in time to see Jason come flying down the steps.
"What is it," I asked as he ran over to me.
"Mom, it's dad."
I ran after Jason, following him up the steps and into his room.
"What happened," I asked as I dropped down next to Ryan.
"he came in my room and said happy birthday and he was apologizing for being so hard on me and then he just stopped talking and reached out like he was trying to grab something. I jumped up to help him and he collapsed."
"help me get him to the car," I said.
"should I call Jocelyn adn tell her," he asked.
"No, let her enjoy her time without worry until we know for sure if it's serious."

We, well more Jason, got Ryan out to the car. I sped to the hospital, having Jason alert the docor that we were on our way.
I got us there in just a few minutes. As soon as I stopped the car Jason got Ryan out and we got him inside as quickly as we could.
The doctor was standing in the waiting room, ready for Ryan as soon as we came in. A few nurses helped him onto the bed and they quickly rolled him into the back hallway.

Jason and I sat down, not saying anything for a bit.
Jason finally spoke, "He's going to be okay, Mom."
"I know," I nodded, "he's a tough guy. That's where you get it from."
"Mom, this might not be the best time to say this, but I know why you're so scared. I know about Jason, the first Jason."
My breath caught in my throat as I slowly looked over at him.
"what do you mean," I whispered.
"Jason is my real father," he said, "I've known for awhile. Jocelyn doesn't. I've heard you guys argue about whether to tell me, so I did some snooping. I'm not mad, or upset, or anything like that. I understand why you didn't want to tell me. And I appreciate you wanting to protect me. But it's okay. Jason may have been my biological father, but Ryan raised me so he's my dad and he always will be. I know that it wasn't Jason's fault he couldn't be my dad. I understand the situation and I'm okay with it. So, I know why you're scared. I know that you already lost one mate and you don't want to lose him too becuase not only will you lose your mate but I'll lose my father too. But dad is a tough guy, like you said. He'll be okay."
"When did you get so grown up," I laughed through my tears as I hugged him.
"I learned from you guys," he chuckled.

"Luna," the doctor came out a few hours later, "he's awake and you can see him now."
I nodded, Jason and I following the doctor.
"Dad," Jason ran over to his bed when we got to the room,
"Ryan I swear to god if you ever do some shit like this ever again I will fight you," I said.
He just chuckled and nodded.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled as Jason and I hugged him.
"Don't be sorry Dad. I took care of mom so there's nothing to worry about,"
Ryan chuckled and nodded.
"I'm sorry to interrupt," the doctor said, "but I just wanted to let you know that you're free to leave, Alpha."
"Thanks," he said as he started to get out of bed.
"But wait," I said, "what happened?"
"Well," the doctor said, "we don't know. We did a bunch of different tests, but there's nothing wrong with him. So, I think it might've been stress or something. He just needs to relax a bit, but he's fine."
I nodded and looked down at Ryan, "you heard him bub, you need to take it easy."
"i know," he sighed.

By the time we got home it was dinner time.
"Jason I'm sorry I couldn't make anything special tonight," I said as we satdown at the table, "but I had pizza delivered."
"It's prefect mom, I love piza," he smiled.
I smiled back, looking at both of them as they reached for the pizza.
This is my family. Everything I had always dreamed of having as a kid is right in front of me and the onlyl possible way I could possibly be any happier would be to have Jocelyn home too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas!!
The End!!!!
I Am So Sorry It Has Taken Me So Long To Finish This :/
My Laptop Broke And Updating On My Phone Was A Pain In The Ass. Unfortunately, I Was As Broke As My Laptop So I Couldn't Afford To Fix It, But I Guess My Boyfriend Is Pretty Great Because He Got It Fixed For Me As A Christmas Present :)
I Love You Guys And I Am So Grateful You All Have Stuck With Me Through All Of This <3
I Have Decided To Go Ahead And Start A Brand New Book Once I Finish The Other Book, Which Will Be Very Soon.
I Want To Do Things A Bit Differently This Time Though. Still Werewolves, Just This Time I'll Switch Some Things Up ;)
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"I Think I Like My Mornings A Lot Better Now That They Start With You."
-Allenah<3