Chapter 24

"My water broke."

I just stared at her for a minute before what she said completely registered in my mind.
I looked down and sure enough, she was standing in a puddle of liquid.
"Well let's go!" I picked her up and ran back up the steps and outside to the truck.
It was still running so I carefully put her in the front seat and rushed her to the hospital.
I mind linked the pack doctor on the way so he was ready for her by the time we got there.
They took her from me and rushed her down the hallway, me following closely behind.

"Just one more push Luna," the doctor said, "that's all."
She nodded and closed her eyes.
I flinched as she squeezed my hand.
It was worth the pain in my hand when I heard the second babies cry.
Cira let go of my hand, smiling as she looked up at me.
"You did it," I whispered.
"We did it," she said quietly, looking over at the nurses who were wrapping the babies in blankets.

"Did you decide on names," one of the nurses asked as she handed both of them to Cira.
Cira looked up at me with wide eyes and then back at the nurse.
"Well," the nurse chuckled, "I'll leave you two to think about it then."
"Jason," I said.
"Jason?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "even though he'll never get to meet his father he can still have a piece of him."
Cira smiled and nodded, "Jason Andrew."
I nodded and she looked at the little girl.
"What about Jocelyn," she said after a few minutes of silence.
"I like that one," I nodded.
"Jocelyn Ann."

One of the nurses came back in and we told her the names so we could officially fill out the birth certificates.
"Alright," the nurse handed us the two papers, "here you guys go. We just have to sort things out and then you should be ready to go tonight."
I smiled and nodded, looking down at the two papers in my hand.

Cira's POV
I looked down at Jocelyn and Jason, smiling softly.
"Ryan," I looked up at him, "can you take one?"
"Oh," he set the birth certificates on the table, "um. Uh. Yeah."
He walked over and awkwardly took Jocelyn from me.
I giggled at the nervous expression that was plastered on his face as he held her.
"I've never held a baby before," he chuckled.
"I can tell," I laughed.
I grabbed my phone off of the table now that I had a free hand, dialing Pierces number.
"Cira," Pierce answered, "we are on our way and we'll be there as soon as possible."
"You're on your way," I asked.
"Yes. Ryan already texted us. We should be there tonight."
I looked up at Ryan and smiled softly.
"Okay," I said quietly, "I love you guys."
After we hung up I just looked at Ryan, smiling like an idiot.
The way he looked down at Jocelyn as he held her, the way he was nervous yet he was still smiling. He didn't have to be here, but he is.
"What," Ryan asked as he finally realized I had been staring at him.
"Just you," I smiled, "I love you so much. Even if these are Jason's kids, you are the only person I could ever imagine being a father to them."
He smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed as I scooted over.
"I love you too Cira," he said, "more than you'll ever know, more than I'll ever be able to tell you. But just know that I'll always be here."
"If we weren't holding babies I'd kiss you," I giggled.
"I'll kiss you anyways," he gently leaned down and kissed me quickly.

"Cira!"
"Shhhhhh," I sat up as Pierce ran into the room, "they're sleeping!"
He looked over at the Ryan and the babies, nodding slowly.
Ryan had taken them both and sat in the chair with them so I could get some sleep.
The rest of my family walked in and smiled at me.
"Hey guys," I said quietly.

It was a little after 7 when the nurse walked back in, holding a paper.
"I just need this signed and you guys can go," she handed it to me.
Pierce to Jason from my arms and I signed the paper, ready to get out of here.
I handed it back to her and she smiled at all of us.
"Alright. You can go whenever you're ready Luna."
"Thank you," I said as she left the room.
I slowly got out bed, standing on my feet being a foreign feeling after laying bed since this morning.
Ryan quickly came over and wrapped his arm around my waist, walking to the bathroom with me. He let go of me smiling and handing me a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
"Thank you," I smiled as I shut the door.
I looked at myself in the mirror and shook my head.
I had dark circles under my eyes and my hair was all over the place. I was a mess.
I quickly changed out of the hospital gown, putting my hair into a really messy bun before going back into the room.
My mom had gotten Jocelyn and Jason dressed and had everything ready to go.
I took Jocelyn from her and we left.
Ryan took the bags and Pierce was holding Jason. Addy and my dad followed closely behind.
Ryan had put the car seats in the back seat as soon as we got them so they were already in the truck.
After we buckled them in we got into our separate vehicles and drove home.
"How you feel baby," Ryan asked.
"Okay," I nodded, "I just hope this goes away." I looked down at my stomach, sighing at all the extra baby fat.
"You're a werewolf Cira," he chuckled, "it'll be gone and healed in just a few days."
I nodded and smiled at him.
"I love you," he said as he pulled into the driveway.
"I love you too," I said as I got out of the truck.
I got Jason out and he got Jocelyn as everyone else pulled up.
They all hopped out of the car and rushed over.