Chapter 18

Cira's POV (1 Week Later)
I woke up and ran to the bathroom, throwing up last nights dinner.
This is the fifth time this week.
Pierce knocked on the bathroom door before coming in.
He held my hair out of my face and I continued to throw up.
Him and Ryan have been taking turns sleeping in my room to keep an eye on me.
It still hurts, it hurts a lot.
"Ryan is taking you to the doctors," Pierce said as I brushed my teeth.
I groaned and he just shook his head.
"It's not up for debate," he said.
I nodded and went back into my room.
"Get out," I pointed to the door, "I have to change."
I slipped on a pair of black leggings and glanced over at Jason's side of the closet.
I haven't touched his clothes since he died. I don't want to, I'm afraid that everything will start smelling like me and then he'll be gone for good.
I shook my head and wiped away the stray tear that had fallen down my face. I instead grabbed one of my sweatshirts and slipped it on.
After putting on my boots I walked out where Ryan was waiting in the hall.
"Lets go," he said, walking down the stairs.
Neither of us had said much to the other since the morning in the hospital.
I don't think we know what to say to each other.
We got there and went inside.
"I need to see Liam," Ryan said to the nurse at the desk.
She nodded and picked up the phone as we sat down.
"How are you feeling," Ryan asked me.
"Okay," I shrugged, "you?"
"I guess okay," he nodded, "I've definitely felt better."
I nodded in agreement and we didn't say anything else.

"Alpha," Liam called.
We got up and quietly followed him to a room.
I sat on the bed and Ryan sat in a chair.
"What's the problem," Liam asked as he shut the door.
"I've been throwing up," I said, "I don't think it's a big deal. But he insisted I get checked out."
"Okay," he nodded as I went over to the counter.
I didn't want to come here ever again. Every room looks exactly the same, it smells weird in here.
I lost Jason in this building and I don't know how I'll ever feel okay.
"Alright," Liam said, bringing me out of my thoughts, "I'm just gonna draw some blood and then I'll go do some tests."
I nodded and looked away as he brought the needle to my arm.
I winced as I felt him stick it into my arm before drawing the blood out.

"What's wrong," Ryan asked after Liam left the room.
"All the rooms look the same," I mumbled.
He nodded and sighed heavily.
"I know," he said quietly.
"It's my fault," I said, looking up at him. "I had a dream that night. Jason was there and he told me that he loves and misses me. He said he was hurting, but he didn't want to go because he was afraid I'd be upset with him for leaving. I told him it was okay to let go, that I didn't want him to be in pain."
Ryan just stared at me.
"Why did you tell me," he whispered.
"I was afraid you'd hate me," I looked away as tears gathered in my eyes, "I'm the reason you lost your best friend. He told me to tell you that he loves you. That he's thankful he had a friend as great as you."
"Cira," Ryan said quietly. I only now noticed he had gotten up as he laid his hand on my shoulder. "I don't hate you. It was the right thing to do."
I nodded and wiped the tears that had fallen down my face.
I stood up and wrapped my arms around him.
"I'm sorry, Ryan."
"Don't be, Cira."

We had gone back to how we were before, on opposite sides of the room not talking.
Liam walked in after a few minutes with a mournful look on his face.
"Cira," he said quietly as he kept his gaze on the floor, "I know what's wrong."
"Well what is it," Ryan asked as he stood up.
"You're pregnant."
I was consumed with happiness only for it to come crashing down in a matter of a few seconds.
"I'm pregnant," I whispered, realizing what this meant, "with Jason's kid. Which means my baby will grow up without him, without a father. And Jason died not knowing that he was going to be a father."
I stood up as tears spilled over my cheeks.
"I've gotta go," I muttered as I ran out of the room and out of the hospital.
I could hear Ryan calling my name but I didn't care anymore.
I only made it halfway across the parking lot before my crying turned to full on sobbing as I could no longer carry myself.
I dropped to the ground and put my face in my hands as I cried.
"Cira," Ryan whispered as he picked me up, "let's go home."
I just nodded as I continued to cry.

He took me upstairs and into my room, laying me down before leaving the room.
After I calmed down enough to stop crying I wiped my tears and got up.
"Cira," Pierce knocked, "are you okay?"
"Come in," I said.
He walked in and sat down on the bed next to me.
"How are you," he asked quietly.
"Pregnant," I whispered, "I'm pregnant. "
He just nodded and I leaned my head on his shoulder, not knowing what else to say.

Ryan's POV
I laid her in her bed and left the room, walking back downstairs and outside.
I shifted and ran into the woods, not stopping until I got to a small clearing.
I shifted back and sat down on a tree stump.
"Why," I mumbled to no one in particular, "why her? It could've been any other girl in the world yet it's her. She's my best friends mate. My dead best friends mate."
I stood up and yelled in frustration, swinging my fist and punching a tree.
"She's in pain," I yelled, hoping the moon goddess would hear me, "she is in so much pain right now! And why? Because you took him from us! And why did you take him? Either you've got one fucked yo sense of humor or you just enjoy making people's lives difficult! I was perfectly okay without a mate! I learned to cope! But then you took away hers and now she's pregnant! You took my best friend, her mate, her child's father! Just so you could give me a second chance that I didn't even need?"
I punched the tree again and again, not feeling the pain.
I stopped and sat back down on the tree stump, staring down at my hands that had blood seeping from my scraped knuckles.

I sat there for a few minutes before getting up and going back to the pack house to check on Cira.
I bumped into her, literally, when I got to the top of the stairs.
I quickly put my arm around her waist and grabbed her before she could fall.
"I'm sorry," she mumbled as I let her go.
"Don't worry about it," I smiled softly at her.
She gave a small smile back and then gasped.
She quickly grabbed my hands and pulled them to her.
"What did you do," she asked as she began to pull me into the bathroom.
"I got into a fight," I shrugged, "this tree was giving me weird looks."
"You're hurt," she shook her head, "this isn't a joke."
"You think I'm hurt," I chuckled, "you should see the other guy."
She tried not to but ended up giggling as she cleaned my hands and put bandages on them.
"There," she smiled, "now no more fighting. I don't care how mean the trees look."
I nodded and she smiled at me bigots going back to whatever she was doing earlier.
Once she was out of sight I sighed and looked at my hands, the tingling sensation still faintly there.
She can't feel it. Grief and pain is all she's feeling right now.
She'll feel it eventually, but I'm terrified for when she does.
I just don't know what she'll do when she finds out the moon goddess gave her a second chance mate, I don't how she'll feel about that second chance being me.
-----------------------------------------
Okay,
I'm Not Going To Change The Title. For About 16 Chapters She Was The Beta's Runt.
I've Always Loved Reading Books Because Of The Excitement I Feel As I Read.
When I Don't Know What's Going To Happen, How It's Going To End.
That's What I Want Everyone Who Reads My Books To Feel.
Keeping The Title The Same Helps With That, I Think.
I'm Sorry If You Feel As If It's Confusing, But I Think This Is What's Best.
Thank You All For Sticking With Me.
(This Isn't The End Of The Book.)
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"I've Always Been Quite Jealous Of The Sky. It Can Cry Whenever It Wants, However Loud It Wants, And People Will Still Dance In It's Tears, Attempting To Cheer It Up."
-Allenah<3