Ocho | Prom Night.

"Kofi"  YN whined looking at him through the mirror.

"I told you not to wait this long to look for a dress." Kofi sighed sitting back on the bench. He was getting irritated, they had been at the mall and running around for hours, YN needed to eat so her attitude was through the roof and Kofi's attitude made it no better.

"Marcus didn't know what he wanted to wear yet." She pouted and Kofi rolled his eyes at the mention of his name.

"I don't know why you with him," He shrugged, his nose flaring in the process, YN let out a frustrated grunt closing the dressing room door on him.

"Whatever, in ready to eat." She put her clothes back on and returned the dresses back on the rack they were found on and walked down to the food court neither  one of them talked.

"I know you're mad.." Kofi's arm wrapped around her waist and she rolled her eyes. Kofi kissed  her jaw and she pulled away.

"Are we still getting the hotel room? My parents want to know." She had seen the text from her mom letting her know she needed to know by this afternoon, so she could pay for it.

"yeah, as long as you don't bring Marcus" Kofi snarled and Yn shook her head.

"Get it together, is your date even coming?." I retaliated. Kofi and I have been best friends for the longest time, i knew about his feelings and he knew about mine. We just would continue to ignore it.

"That's below. Wow.." He shook his head and walked off leaving her  to hum by herself and think about what She said. She got her food and went to sit at the table he was sitting.

"Kof, I'm sorry-"
"It's cool, you ready to go home?" He walked ahead of me and I had no choice but to follow him.

_______

"Honey! Why aren't you dressed?"

"I'm not going." I simply shrugged, I didn't have an all out dress and I for sure didn't have a date .

"What do you mean? I thought that Marcus boy was taking you?." I pouted laying down my mother cooed in my face but I wasn't in the mood. I was about to miss probably one of the best nights of my life.

"He flaked on me. I have no one to go with or a dress mama." She smiled at me and opened my door back up and there was Kofi standing in my doorway with a white bag.

"Kof!" I ran out of my bed and into his arms
"Why are you here?! I thought you weren't going ?"

"And to let you miss this, nah I had my plan all this time baby Girl." He smirked and I blushed I looked to my mom and she smiled at me before tugging on my arm.

"Wait, I still don't have a dress." And they were both already one step ahead of me, the white bag that was in Kofi's hand was brought over to me. "Quickly, we have to be on time." He said before leaving the room and I turned to my mother. "You're too sneaky."

____________

"Wear this when you marry me." Kofi whispered in my ear causing me to blush and giggle. My dress was sort of like a wedding dress,

 My dress was sort of like a wedding dress,

"You play entirely too much." I smile, after we had taken pictures we headed outside and to my surprise a The latest BMW was waiting for us in our driveway. The sun beamed down on my brown skin as we cruised down the freeway.

"I'm glad you came, thank you Kofi." A genuine smile was placed on my face as i looked over at him in the drivers seat.

"I had to come through for my best friend." He leaned over and kissed my cheek m, when we stopped at the red light.

__________

They partied all night long, at the Marriott. It was getting close to twelve and the end of the night for the school and all they had to do was go upstairs on the fourth to stay.

The last song of the night, Thinking out loud, by ed Sheeran.

"You know" he started and I gave him a knowing smirk.

"I've been wanting to tell you, I love you, not like a sister either, like I want you to be my future wife type love. We've known each other since we were six and I love you." She was speechless, everyone always thought they knew what they wanted but as of right now I know.

He took y/n's hand and led her out of the big ballroom and towards the elevator.

"Where you taking me?" She questioned, as he pulled her in and pressed the last floor which was the rooftop.

"It's plain, but it's intimate." He shrugged and let go of my hand. I looked around at the set up and smiled to herself.

"Thank you Kofi. I love you too." Kofi watched her intently as she linked her arms around his neck and finally playing her lips against his. As the kiss got deeper his hands groped her backside and she moaned into the kiss.

"Wait wait wait." He stopped her and she whined, he reached into his pocket pulling out a little white sack that read pandora.

"This is my promise to you, that whatever we go through I will have your back

"This is my promise to you, that whatever we go through I will have your back. This isn't our engagement yet, but this is my promise to you that I am our man when we are ands aren't together." At this point tears had been running down her face, ruining her makeup in the process.

He slid the ring on her finger and she brought him into a hug and a kiss.

"I love you Kofi Siriboe."