Trés | Id rather go blind. Part 1️⃣

Omniscient

"Kofi, you know how I feel about you." Yn cried moving towards the couch.those words replayed through her head.

"I'm still getting married, Yn." His deep voice boomed throughout her mind as she sat against her couch wiping up the remains of her tears. That was two weeks ago but she was still caught crying about it.

Today was the day of their wedding, Kofi and Amel. She was perfect, at least he thought so even in the short amount of time that was a year they had decided to get married. Compared to his and yn's six, she didn't really know him in that time she knew of him.

She finally pulled herself together and went upstairs to take her shower and get herself ready for the reception. Although Kori had wanted her to see his wedding she refused and told him she'd be there for his first dance and everything else.

Flashback

Kofi and I were on a friendly date, even though both of us denied that it was a date of you took one look at us you would think we were meant to be together.

I laughed at one of his jokes and he ran his hand up and down my chocolate arm and then sat back.

"you know I could beat you anyday at anything." He said confidently but I had just as confidence to his underlining meaning.

"Mhm, just like I'd have you tapping out if you ever played with me." I smirked taking his hand across the table.

"Oh really? Check!" He playfully put waved his arm before putting it back down as I gasped and laughed.

"Kofi, I love you."

"I love you too, for real."

"Together for Eva'?"
"Together foreva' "

_____________

I fixed my dress and let out a deep sigh before looking in the mirror that sat against the cream walls to check my makeup and to rid any tear stains from my plump cheeks.

"Yn!" I adverted my attention to his brothers calling my name from a table on the near left and I made my way over with the biggest smile I could muster up

"Yn!" I adverted my attention to his brothers calling my name from a table on the near left and I made my way over with the biggest smile I could muster up. The family greeted me with warm hugs and smiles and I sat down in between Kwame and Kwesi.

The Bride and Groom were announced and they both walked in to jodeci's, forever my lady. Everyone stood and clapped for them they greeted everyone and then sat at the front table along with the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids.

Amel grabbed the microphone from the Dj and stood at the foot of the table right where the wooden floor was for dancing and everyone quieted down and the music lowered.

"Kofi..you are the light of my life, when I saw you at the coffee shop I knew you'd play a special part in my life, it may have been good or bad but I didn't care as long as I got to spend time with you, I have supported out through everything." I inwardly rolled my eyes, glancing back up at the table we made contact before he looked away before anyone noticed.

She continued on with her speech but at that point I blacked her out and put my undivided attention on my nails, Kwame laughed & nudged at my arm causing me to grin. He knew about me and Kofi and knew I wasn't for the bull.

"you look beautiful, by the way." His mother groomed and I smiled back kissing her cheek, the snap made my eyes break away from someone I thought of as a second mother, I had caught my vision back and the cameraman apologized before moving away from the table.

"Dang, you didn't have to look at dude like that! He was doing his job." Kwesi joked and I sarcastically laughed at him while his mother waved us off. Someone cleared their throats catching our attention.

"Aye brother!" Kofi kissed his mother before dapping up his younger brothers and then looking to me.

"Congratulations." I half smiled bringing him into a hug. "I thought you were gonna bail." I looked at him crazily causing him to laugh.

"Have I bailed on you before?" He tried to think back to a time before speaking his head no. "Exactly." Someone tapped his shoulder and he let me out of his embrace to see who it was. Amel, of course.

She smirked at me and pulled his arm, "my parents are asking for you." His eyebrows furrowed and her smile was tight.

"We just greeted them, how about saying hello to my mother?" She looked at him for a minute and then glanced at me before frowning. I let go of him fully and completely turned around and headed for the bar. No I don't plan on drinking but to get out of the situation this was my destination.

I ordered my drink and then Rock witcha' by bobby brown started to play through the speakers, everyone who knew me knew this was my song so I hurried back over to the table and grabbed Kwame pulling him to the center of the dance floor.

"I wanna rock witcha' baby all night loooonnngggg." I sung happily rocking back and forth with Kwame. This was probably the only time I would have fun in their whole night so I was going to enjoy it. My eyes opened back up to Kofi, he was nodding his head to the beat and smiling down at his new wife.

"Excuse me." I said before letting go of keame and heading to the exit of the ballroom type place. i finally found my way outside and took a deep breath, my breathing became shallow as I stood on the sidewalk against the building.

They flashed in my head once again looking in love and looking like they were happy. That was supposed to be me. All of this was supposed to be mine including Kofi.

But we don't all get what we want huh?