5 | I Do Best in the Dark

Night took over the sky and everyone was quietly sleeping in their respective dorms.

I had just finished changing into a black hoodie and dark leggings. The black ribbon was still tied tightly around my high ponytail. I was out of my disguise, my nerd glasses set on my working desk.

I picked up the Renai's red ring and placed it firmly on my left, pointer finger. I was going to return it back to its original owner.

I figured a gun would leave too much of a stain. It would be bothersome to clean up.

Knife it was. It gets the job done cleanly.

I'd been resetting the alarm above my door all night so that I could escape silently in the middle of the night.

Taking one last look around my room, I opened my door and quietly slipped out.

_

My sneakers made a lot of noise, I realized now that I'm alone and sneaking around.

Sighing to myself, I took them off and placed it in the girl's bathroom before continuing down the hallway.

The boy's dorms were all the way around the academy on the opposite end.

It was a long walk in the dark.

Axel had sent me Liam's bio and I had read and reread them over and over again after a great deal of him hacking into the school's records and the Renai's organization.

It included his room number and the password to his door.

_

This was it. It was the door.

I reached blindly to the lock and typed in his password.

unicorns rule, xoxo

It worked!

I smiled as the lock clicked silently and the door opened up. I walked inside carefully and quietly closed the door behind me.

It was completely dark, but it wasn't the room that intrigued me.

It was the smell of metal that was suddenly apparent in the air.

I frowned upon realizing there was no breathing in the room except for my own muffled ones.

I walked to what I assumed was the bed and bent down. My eyes were adjusting to the darkness, but all I could see were the crinkled sheets on the bed.

There was no body in it.

Suddenly, there were a series of noises.

I had jumped back from the bed and turned around to a dagger thrown at my head. My back arched back as I caught a peek at the dark figure that was in the room with me.

Blue eyes. Black cloak.

It was the hooded figure from yesterday that had given Allison the ring. Aka, Liam.

He threw two punches at me and I barely escaped them as my socks slipped around on the floor.

I threw a high kick at him and he grabbed my foot, tossing me with great force onto the bed.