12 | Promised Her | Liam's POV

| Liam's POV |

He couldn't sleep. The thought of what he said up in the Ferris Wheel alone with the woman played once more through his head.

He watched her slowly drift into a light sleep as her head leaned softly on the glass window of the ride. Her hair fell gradually down and warmed her slender back and shoulders.

What a naive girl, he had thought, how could she just fall asleep defenseless like that?

He watched her chest rise and fall, slower and slower, with a steady pace.

Breathing out a small breath, he asked her, "You asleep?"

There was a change in her closed eyes as a part of her realized again that he was sitting right across from her.

He held back a chuckle.

"Mm," she managed to hum out.

He eventually let out a light smirk. "Tsk, this woman," he said under his breath.

She was totally aware of his presence and she couldn't care less. The girl only had sleep on her mind.

He had turned around to face the city lights and eventually eyed the dark sky that wrapped above them.

His eyes slowly found its way back to the sleeping woman as they made it to the very top of the Ferris Wheel.

"Lennon..." he let out, talking to himself more than the woman.

"... I will kill you."

Liam opened his eyes and laid there on his bed for a while, listening to nothing.

He was wrong. A few seconds in silence and he found his ears noticing the sounds of soft, steady breathing in the far corner.

Now was his chance.

He quietly sat himself up and glanced at the woman leaning against the wall to his room. She was sleeping soundly.

His hands traveled beneath his pillow and grasped tightly around the gun that had always been there. He took it out and eyed the weapon carefully, making sure the thing was loaded before clicking in the magazine.

He held the barrel at downrange for a moment as he stole another glance at the woman, oblivious to her life ending in mere seconds.

The safety lock was off next.

With his dominant hand, Liam directed the gun upwards towards the girl and aimed it at her chest.

Her beating heart.

His left hand supported the gun to get an accurate enough shot.

He straightened up his body and leaned back a bit, tilting slightly to the side so that his eyes could focus well in the dark at that angle.

The more his eyes let in light and he could see her form clearer, the louder his heart steadily beat. He could see the tiny glands of sweat that had been on her forehead.