8 | Detention

• Heh, so just a heads up: there's a quick, slightly mature scene in this chapter. (K)

No, not sex. (I)

Hint: it's a four letter word (S)

You have been warned • (S)

•________•_________•_________•________•

Axel freaked out when he realized I had gotten detention after two years of being a perfect student in school.

I only summarized it a bit through text though, still a bit mad at him for going out of his way on planning to send me unwanted backup.

Helene Strake. 17 years old. Position: On-and-off Spotter.

The girl with dark black hair and a blue ombré used to be my partner.

A sniper team consisted of two positions: Sniper and Spotter.

While we were partners, she'd be the one who helped me set up the perfect shot by observing objectives.

Helene had a spotter scope that she'd use individually and to avoid getting eye fatigue by staring at a target for too long (hours or days on end), or just laying on our stomachs for forever, we'd switch it up sometimes where I would be the spotter and she the sniper.

Not only was she the observer, but she provided backup for me when I needed it, carrying with her her own automatic assault rifle.

The reason was because with my bolt-action rifle, I had to load and chamber each round I fire, and after that clear the shell casing.

Sniping was a two-person job. We were often, if not always, independent from the rest of the team, and therefore had to have a lot of trust in each other.

And this was where she failed her part and I never wanted to see her again.

I let out a deep sigh as I changed into a midnight blue sweater and black leggings.

My brunette hair was let down and it's natural wavy curls gently swayed from side to side as I moved around my room to gather my things.

Standing upright again once I had my slightly lighter backpack on, I brushed back a piece of hair that fell in front of my face.

I remembered how I used the black ribbon I found a few days ago as a hair tie and I proceeded into my desk drawer to pull it out and reuse it for the same purpose, ignoring the faint metal smell coming off of it.

I looked around my room to check if I had forgotten anything.

Nothing.

I turned back around to my door and opened it, closing it after I had walked out and down the hallway.

Detention here I come.

_

Mrs. Reeling nodded at me as I entered her classroom this Saturday morning.

While everyone else was out and having fun, I was stuck in school during the weekends because of some rich jerk.

Whatever Allison planned to do this weekend, she had time to do it alone for once without me trailing her.

I sighed and went to my seat before realizing someone else was in the room.

I looked up at the big figure to find Daniel Odeon, aka Allison's jock boyfriend, sitting casually in a desk as if he was used to the routine.