36 | Be Cautious at Night

_____________________________________
| Quick-ish-ish Talk |

• Someone commented in the previous chapter that they were fine as long as the 'adult-y' thing I mentioned before wasn't between Liam and Rosella........... 'Hi there ^^' *cough*
• Some of you wanted an update, so this one is PACKED just for YOU.
• Some of you wanted me to save you—

I summoned them for you.
_____________________________________

The doors of the front of the house shut faintly from afar and left a ringing echo in the night.

His kiss was gentle. His free arm propped on the ground next to my head to hold his body over mine, while the arm that was cuffed with mine cupped the side of my face and caressed it. Our heads tilted and we followed in the rhythm with our pacing hearts, unsure of anything. My free hand pushed at his chest as his lips pressed on mine and relaxed. Eyes closed, I slowly found the courage to open them slowly and glance up at him. We slowed down our pace and his thumb stopped stroking the side of my face.

I felt my own chest rising and falling to catch my breath as our lips separated. His mouth was parted slightly and he looked down so that I couldn't see his expression, breathing slowly in and out while still laying over me. The faint taste of wine and honey lingered on my lips and I shut them firmly, embarrassed. I heard the man above me regain his breath and he began lifting up his head. Our eyes met.

Something flashed across his eyes and my bewildered expression turned concerned for a split second as I eyed him carefully. It was hard to make out much however, it being dark outside. I had forgotten how blue his eyes were. He kept staring at me like he had forgotten what we were doing and where we were, a soft look pastured on his face before it scrunched up gradually into a frown. But it was a curious, confused frown, like... what had I just done?

He didn't seem to have any plans of shifting his body soon and things started becoming a little awkward on my end. I blinked up at him and he didn't bulge. So I tried pushing his body up, but that didn't work. I forgot we were handcuffed as well.

"Carter..." I chimed up softly, a curious look at his face, "Hey, earth to Carter."

The man's eyes fluttered to life and he breathed out a long, awkward sigh. Liam turned his head to me and I could see he had snapped out of whatever he was thinking.

"Oops," he muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

He pushed up his propped arm and guided me to sit up. I took his hand and the both of us got up together, dusting ourselves of dirt. I finished and looked up, only to realize he was still dusting his sleeve off with his right hand, while his left hand remained holding onto my arm.