30 | Black Ribbon pt. 2 | Liam's POV

________________________________
Suggestion:* Turn your background black
________________________________

Beep beep.

Beep.

Clink.

The ringing didn't stop and accumulated in his ears, deafening him for the past hour in the dark. He sucked in a deep breath and loudly released it, repeating the same action over and over again, for his lungs have failed him now that a bullet resided somewhere in his chest and began infecting his organs.

The bones attaching his arm to his shoulders dared to snap off any second. His arms were raised high above his head and bound to the board that he was locked against. His legs were bound by chains, though having nothing to upright it, have been dangling in the air limply against the board, his body perpendicular to the ground that he couldn't see.

Liam's fist had been clenched in an attempt to lower the pressure around his wrists, but as each breath that he inhaled, it kept loosening more and more, making him groan sharply once in a while and clench his teeth instead.

Eyes blinded by a cloth wrapped so intensely tight around his eyes, he feared in the depths of his present worries if he'd become blind after they were taken off — if they were to be taken off, that was another concern.

Liam's breaths were well loud and audible now as he found it painstakingly difficult to keep his breathing stable all of a sudden. Each breath physically hurt his chest area, and his head had been lightheaded from the blood that all seemed to empty from his arms and fingers to heavily weighing down his head and body.

The feeling of even having a feeling that he'd been trying to hold onto, it disappeared. He did not — could not — calculate when that occurred, and maybe even the board bounding him up was an illusion made up from the spur of the moment. Was there even chains on him, or was there just the sparking, jingle feeling overtaking his vessels in place of red blood cells?

When it came the time where he couldn't even tell every movement he made, he was sure the skin on his wrists had been punctured long enough for cuts to appear. Maybe blood had already dripped out but he couldn't see or feel it.

Staying in silence and darkness for a while, having a bullet lodged in his chest, and forcibly bounded standing up, hovering from the ground, with a blindfold bruising his eyes, Liam felt himself slipping into unconsciousness, not long before something in him picked up the sounds of distant footsteps making their way closer to him.

There were three people coming. His instinct of being an assassin made him jerk his body in a running motion to the side, ready to sprint into the darkness and conceal himself to spy on the scene, before he remembered that he was already in the dark, and that they probably knew he existed already.

The sudden movement made blood rush to unknown places around his body and the uncomfortableness of the situation itched him to explode in a low growl.

The lights turned on.

-

WHACK.

"I will ask you one more time, young man," a calm, sinister purr filled the air that mixed with sweat and spit, "Where is my daughter?"

Liam coughed up blood quickly, shut his mouth, and a brave smug smile replaced any pain evident on his face. He forced his eyes to focus on the metal pole that Lennon's father was holding from the side with a smile so out of place, he thought he would throw up.

"Standing next to you."

His reply got him a punch to the side of his jaw by Allison. While weaker than what he would've exerted if he could get his hands out of the wires and rope that bounded them to his back, he fell to his limits.