28 | Guilt

_____________________________________
| Quick Talk |

• 2.25.18 - Agent W hit Rank #1
• — Thank you —

*cough* extra long chapter *cough* you're welcome *cough*
_____________________________________

"... But he doesn't even remember me- I didn't remember him cause I called him Carter all these years but- what the heck even happened what the heck is this why is he here who the fuck told him he was Jason what who-"

Liam jabbed my waist and I winced as my right arm was suddenly bent a weird position. I looked back up at him and raised my left arm in a closed fist, about to bang his head to transfer some of my anger, until he spoke up.

"I didn't know you were a chatterbox, Agent W," he glared at me, "You've been chanting in my ear for the past 15 minutes, would you give it a rest, woman?"

My mouth parted open in a gap.

"Excuse me? Was I the one that handcuffed us?"

Liam used his dominant hand to run a hand through his hair in frustration. "I told you a hundred times that I don't know what happened! The watch was a mission gadget I received from someone and she told me to have it on at all times, and no it wasn't stuck on my wrist all these fucking years I was able to take them off."

My eyebrows twitched as I clearly remembered he had only mentioned it to me 98 times.

"You whiny watch-boy now you're complaining to me about not knowing your watch? Oh my god, I'm about to go crazy."

He scoffed, "To be fair you've been crazy from the moment I met you. Any crazier than this and you'll start to be creepy."

I paused.

A dark expression fell across my face before I became cautious and hid it from everyone, carefully tilting my head away from the stares. And especially from the boy sitting to my right. Who exactly was he? He creeped me out.

"Ha..." I let out quickly as my brows furrowed, looking at the man to my right.

"'Ha?'" Liam repeated, fed up with the situation.

Who would've thought, we both thought each other were creepy. I guess we were even.

We were both leaning against the wall, exhausted, and sweaty with no chance to refresh ourselves. Earlier on I had another argument with Chestin, and he left for the dorms without another word to me or any signs of sending help our way.

Team leader meetings had been going on for three hours. It was bound to end some time. It had too. I couldn't stand this situation. I had no idea what was going on, and while something in me embraced the new task of finding the source and end to the cuffs, the invasion, and the man to my right, another part of me missed not going on missions and just having a 'normal' life instructing and going home to Axel, Chestin, Helene, Kora, and Sammy every night.

I wanted a break. I wanted to spend time to myself and not for the corporation for a while.

My head hurt and I bent my head down to meet my left arm, which was resting on my kneecaps. My right arm went limp as well as Liam's left arm and we sat there in silence, neither one moving nor talking.

-

It must've been a good 25 minutes before my ears picked up footsteps marching down the hallway from the far end of the building. I stayed limp before I heard the men and women, the usual men and women, that always came out of the team leader meeting conference rooms, and lifted my head.