43 | Third Time's a Charm

Things settled down at the R.U. over time. There was a rumor that Agent W had locked herself in her dorm room amongst the trainees, but most still believed she was forever on other missions far away. It had been a week since the incident of losing Axel.

A private funeral was made for Agent O where only close family and friends attended. Helene, Sammy, Kora, Jay, and a few other R.U. agents attended to pay their respects. Liam and his team also attended, and he took a day aside with Jamie's team to update them on what had been going on, and to make them inform him on what was going on with the one woman most affected by this of all.

Jamie did not attend the funeral, nor did she express any reaction to wanting or not wanting to go. The woman resided in her dorm room and kept her door locked, not uttering a single word for days on end. Security cameras installed in her room were the only way they could make sure she was still alive in there.

On the second day that she had returned to the R.U. after Chestin had been taken up, Jay forced his way into her room when he and the others realized she had taken out her gun in her bag and was tossing it from hand to hand silently. While trusting her to take care of her life, it was too close of an encounter, and Helene, Kora, and Sammy were ordered to search and obtain anything that could be used as a weapon to harm herself.

They all paid her a visit every day, almost every hour. Agent W refused to eat and drink for five days straight. Once again they had to break into her room and find ways to convince the woman to feed and shower herself. She'd sigh ever so quietly that hardly anyone noticed before muttering some words in another language, picking up an apple from the tray they brought in. Only then would they leave her alone.

They spoke to her outside the door, taking turns to tell her to keep healthy and remind her of the outside world that was worth living in. Isla hesitantly took a turn and talked outside the door about finding true love and fighting for that one person. It was the first time everyone heard Jamie shift on the other side, and eventually she began producing muffled-cries.

It lasted only for a short while, but that short while was enough for everyone to realize that they didn't have the heart to try and reach out to her again until they could figure out how to stop feeling useless.

After a week, Jamie began having serious stomach cramps. She had started eating again but it wasn't enough. She didn't drink enough water or walked around, or went outside for fresh air and sunlight. Her body was limp and still, and her face showed how mentally exhausted she was.

"You have to eat, Jamie!" Helene pounded on the door, "Jami— she collapsed again?" The woman stepped back from the door and glanced at Jay, giving him a look of disbelief.

"Hasn't this gone on for too long?" Sammy jumped in, shooting glances at the door as if Jamie would hear their pleas and open the door herself, "We can't leave her like this. Anne's not going to recover if we keep letting her deal with this herself."

Jay buried his face in his hands and let out a deep, long sigh, "Who's turn is it to keep an eye on her tonight?"

"Liam," Kai answered, crossing his arms across his chest as he looked over to the addressed-man eyeing the door with a frown.

"You're sending Agent K in there alone with her at night when she's still like that?" Gale raised his eyebrows, "Aren't you even the slightest bit worried for his life?"

"She won't hurt him," Kora glared up at Agent M.

"Right," Gale stated back, his lips turning into a thin frown.

Isla looked back and forth at all of them. "Look here Liam," she pulled his suit jacket so that Liam was close to her, "You go in there and you get your girl back on her feet. Don't come out until you do, do you hear me?"