Chapter 5

Kayla

I thought my decision to stop talking to Andre would be for the best. I didn't want to be one of those girls that would find themselves in a situation they couldn't get out of. I thought that Josh was being my friend and protector again so I heeded his warning. I didn't want to be the dummy that got a warning and didn't take it seriously. It was for the best. Or am I just telling myself that to feel better? I couldn't help the doubts floating in my mind.

And now I was feeling terrible. After that text, Andre didn't reply. Like at all. It showed he read it. But he didn't reply. That made me paranoid. Was he upset? Angry? Relieved? Indifferent? The urge to text him was strong. I caught myself plenty of times from sending the text. I don't know why I was freaking out so bad. I only knew him a couple weeks and I just found out he's not who I thought he was. He lied to me. So why? Why do I feel this way?

"You think he's mad?" I asked April.

"Hell the fuck yeah he's mad," she glared at me. She hasn't been too happy with me either. Saying I made a huge mistake. "You ignored him for days and for what? Didn't give him a reason or nothing. Just sent a bull shit ass vague ass text talking about you don't want to be friends no more."

"It was for the best," I said.

"For who?! Who said it was for the best? That boy liked you, dummy. And you cut him off for what?"

"Josh said-" I quickly shut my mouth. She narrowed her eyes at me. I never did tell her the real reason why I stopped talking to Andre. Because I know how mad she'll get.

"Come again? Josh said what?"

"No-"

"You have .2 seconds to start speaking Kayla," she warned.

I sighed. "Well," I mumbled. "The other day Josh texted me asking if we can meet up and talk. We did and he was asking about me and Andre. He then warned me that Andre was dangerous."

"And you believed him?!"

"They're cousins. Josh knows him better than I do. And I know Josh. He wouldn't lie to me."

"He neglected to tell you the same douchebag that's been harassing you is his cousin the fuck you mean he wouldn't lie?! How many times I got to tell you Josh ain't your fuckin friend?"

"He is-"

"He's not. If he was your friend why didn't he stand up for you? Why the fuck did he diss you after freshman year? Why did he do any of the shit he did to you?" I didn't say anything. "Yeah your ass quiet now. Andre is a good ass guy that liked you. And you let him go because of that pussy ass bitch Josh?"

"Josh said Andre had dangerous mood swings. And he was a threat to people. He can't even see his kid because he's dangerous. I've known Josh my entire life and I just met Andre a week into the semester. Would you believe the guy you just met over the people you've known forever?"

"If the people I've known forever were a bunch of dickless bitches with no sense of loyalty or morality hell the fuck yeah. Josh never cared to stand up for you when it comes to Chris but now that Andre is in the picture he's suddenly the best friend of the year? Open your eyes, Kayla. You let Josh play you again! Josh doesn't know Andre from a can of fuckin paint. Do you want to know how I know? I fuckin asked. I asked Andre how close was he to Chris and Josh and he straight up told me they were never close. He has no plans of ever being close to them because he knows how they are. They had an agreement to be cordial just for the sake of not causing problems. Unlike you, I didn't jump the gun. I wanted to make sure he wasn't a bitch like Josh or a creep like Chris. He doesn't even like them. You would've known that had you just ask." I was beginning to feel guilty. Did I really make a mistake?