Chapter 27

Kayla (Few months later)

"Bitch I give up," April flopped on the couch.

"You better not. We're only a few months away from graduating so you better get that ass in gear."

She sucked her teeth. "Bitch you done change up on me. Getting dick on the regular and now you think you can talk to me any kind of way. Bitch bye."

"Girl I cannot stand you," I laughed. "And it's not even regular dick anymore," I pouted.

"That's probably why you so cranky," she mumbled going into her room. "We've got to be dressed before Tia comes and chop both of our heads off."

"I am dressed," I stuck my tongue out of her already disappeared form. It's been about four months since the Thanksgiving fiasco and things have changed a bit. For one, Andre got his degree! I was so happy for him. That also meant he moved back home to be with his family and to start his career in his father's business.

Even though there's a good bit of distance between us our relationship didn't suffer too much. We still text, call, and FaceTime anytime that permits us. But I admit it's hard. Sometimes our schedules are way too busy for us to even stay in contact and I'll find myself missing him like crazy. With my clinical studies I can barely fly out to him so it's all on him to come to me. I always felt bad about not being able to go to him but he always reassured me saying he'd rather I save my money towards paying for school. My tuition went up this semester so I had to start paying out of pocket. Andre is paying my rent and other utility bills, although I didn't want him to. He asserted himself into doing so.

For Christmas, I spent it with my mom. I really did miss her and would you believe Essence was right?! My mom really did have a secret boyfriend. And this wasn't recent at all. They've been dating for years. Since I was freshman in high school. My mom never told me because she knew I still wanted my father and we were struggling. I cried so much because I thought I had kept my mom from happiness. But she and everyone else reassured me. It was also Daniel, my mother's boyfriend, who helped us get back on our feet so long ago. He's a really kind man who cares so much for my mom. I'm happy she's happy. And here's the freaky part about it all. He's Tia's dad!!! I was so surprised when she showed up for Christmas and we both cried tears of joy. We're already mentally planning their wedding.

On New Year's, Andre and his family invited my family to New York. Everyone got along great. I think Jules has a fascination with Tia but she has a boyfriend so she doesn't give him the time of day. I secretly want them to be together because of all the craziness with Tia and her current boyfriend. New Year's wasn't all that fun because somehow, Chris and Josh's parents found out and decided to tag along with their newly engaged kids. It was awkward to say the least. Especially when Stephanie showed up, hell bent on trying to steal Andre's attention. Didn't work by the way.

For Valentine's Day we went to San Francisco. He had a business meeting the day before so he thought it would be nice to celebrate over there. He also gave me a promise ring. I almost had a heart attack because Essence warned me he was going to propose and I was jittery all day. The little hoe lied. I'm glad he didn't though. I don't know if I'm ready for that just yet. And for the past couple of months we've been casually meeting up, dating and all that. I never thought a relationship could feel so perfect you know. Oh but just because we had a lot of good times doesn't mean there wasn't any drama.

The reason Andre was so busy is because they're still trying to figure out how his uncles bought into the company before they went public. And since they all own a piece of it they'd have to battle it legally to get them out. And his uncles are always there and around trying to convince Andre to marry Stephanie. Not happening! It got to the point where Andre had to ban them from the building. I asked why they don't buy out his uncles and apparently, they bought half of the shares. So Andre and his dad only really owns 50% of the company now while Victor, Steven, and Greg own the other 50%. So they've solidified a spot in their executive board. Speaking of Greg, would you believe he's been harassing me as well? Trying to get me to break things off with Andre didn't work so now, he's trying to play 'father' to me. He said he'd acknowledge me and give me a share in his firm. Basically giving me Stephanie's role. He wants me to quit school and intern with him so I'll know what to do and how to handle things.