Chapter 19

Edited

Kayla

"Bitch did you see the news?!" April said hitting my arm.

"Ouch girl!" I glared at her. "And what news?"

"Read this," she said shoving her phone into my face. I grabbed it and saw she was reading a recent article about that architecture business.

It's called Jackson Industries. It was named one of the fastest growing industries of this year. Its background story was like any fairytale. The owner came from a poor background and was able to turn his life around and start a prominent business. Although, there were lots of discussion about the owner being a bit too aggressive. Plus he's not really mentioned or photographed a lot so he's kind of a mystery.

"Recently, the net worth of Jackson Industries skyrocketed in the past months," I read aloud. "From your neighborhood fix it man to running the most prominent state business in just a few short five years since the company opened. The owner, Boss Jackson, stated he has no intentions of retiring anytime soon. Although he spent many years in the military in his words, 'the grind never stops'. April this is boring," I complained.

"Bitch keep reading."

I huffed. "What type of business man talks like this though? 'The grind never stops'?"

"Read bitch!"

"Boss Jackson was known for living and growing up in Chicago. Due to his military involvement he moved with his family to better surroundings. Recently, there's been lots of speculations about his son who's known to be inheriting the business. The son is known to be a hot head with a quick temper and famous for fighting. It is said he'd rather beat his competition in a bloody one sided battle than in the wits of business."

"Keep going," she urged.

"Like father like son, he flaunts his power of aggression and 'thug-like' persona to intimidate others into doing what he wants. After recently critically injuring fellow students at his college the young man only got off with a warning and continues to walk the campus to this day. April-"

"Keep reading."

"There was much speculation of the Jackson Industries forming close bonds with its brother companies. Harrison Memorial Hospital and Walter's Research Facility. Though these companies are different, it was expected that united they'd be a powerhouse. Each company is ran...by three brothers?! Each of their eldest child is expected to run the business in their parents place. It seems the plans of three successful family businesses converging as one came crashing down...due to the antics of...Deandre Jackson?!" I looked at April in shock. "They mean Andre?"

"Bitch your man got hella cash! I did more research and their company is climbing ranks fast. Even though the critics don't like them and their antics the clients do. They're fast and reliable and work with people's budget. Ten percent of their revenue goes to charity too. Like now they're working on repairing urban area schools and building homes for veterans. And not only that, his mom apparently owns a restaurant company. Ten percent of her revenue goes to feeding the homeless and she's personally worked with the starving kids in Africa. Bitch you're so lucky."

"I had no idea," I said in shock. Why didn't he tell me he was inheriting his father's business? I knew about his past but I knew very little about his family. I had a suspicion that he had to have some affiliation with the business world considering this is the school he chose. The scholarships here are hard to get so there's very few people who's on the list of recipients. "What do they mean by brother companies though?"