Chapter 24

Edited

Kayla

I was definitely no longer sad. Felt like I was walking on cloud nine. Andre has a magical tongue and fingers but of course they only went so far. It only dulled the need for something more. I may end up raping him before this week is over. I walked out of our shared room with a big smile on my face. I went into the living room where everyone should be. Essence saw me and gave me a look. I wonder if they heard me. "Someone looks happy," Jules joked. I blushed and hid behind Andre as they laughed.

"Don't make no babies in my house," his mom said. Okay I guess they did hear. So embarrassing.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat and the room got tense and silent. I turned to see more people here. Two of them I recognized as Chris and Josh. They looked a lot better than the last time I saw them. Chris didn't meet my gaze but Josh did for a few seconds before his head fell to his feet.

"So this is the girlfriend we heard about." I turned to the person who was talking. It was a tall man with a beard and small scar under his left eye. He came up to me with a calculating gaze that made me squirm. He stuck his hand out to me. "I'm Steven Walters. Joshua's father. And this is my wife Gloria." He introduced the short lady, but somehow she was still taller than me 😒, that was standing a little away from him. She had bags under her eyes that she tried to cover with makeup and a somber look in her face.

"Hi," I said in a soft voice grabbing his hand. It was soft and smooth. He gazed at me and smiled. My body went tense and I quickly pulled away. "Nice to meet you," I mumbled going back to Andre's side.

"I'm Victor," a chilling voice said. I looked at the man who had a goatee and mustache. He had a bright smile on his face but his eyes...they held something different. The way he looked at me made me terrified. "My wife Helena." The woman next to him looked dignified. Her gaze was icy and a bit disapproving of everything. "Very nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand to me.

I don't know why but this man kind of scares me. I hung onto Andre's arm as I slowly brought my hand out to shake his. His hand was also soft and smooth as well as cold. I looked up at him and it looked like his eyes were trying to swallow me up. I felt like bugs were crawling all over my skin. "You can let her hand go now," I heard Andre say with a dangerous undertone.

"Of course," he let me go. I quickly retreated to Andre's side. Feeling the need for a very long and hot shower. "It's been a while Andre. Almost feels like you were trying to avoid us."

"Not trying," he said turning away from the guy. There was a look on the Victor guy's face that I couldn't quite understand.

"Well if it isn't my grandson." I turned to a woman in a pink outfit looking quite distinguished. She had on furs, diamonds and pearls. She looked way too young to be someone's grandmother. "Deandre it's been too long." She hugged him but Andre didn't really hug back.

"Edna," he said stepping away from her embrace. "You look...different."

"I know. I was in a small accident had some corrective surgery done. Helena pointed me to the best doctor there was. She's like a god send."

"Where's your other guests?" Andre's dad asked. He looked tense and uncomfortable.

"They'll fly out in a few days. They have families as well," Steven said.

"Henry, we should discuss business further," Victor said.

"I only handle business matters during business hours. Besides, you all just got here. Try settling in first and then we'll discuss whatever needs to be discussed. We have the guest house set up for you."