Chapter 18

Edited

Andre

After Kayla and April left I turned to Josh and Chris who were shaking in fear. "Sit," I commanded. They did just that. Shawn and I sat on the other couch adjacent to them.

"L-Look," Chris said speaking. "W-We didn't do anything to them okay? They came to us."

"We tried telling Kayla to leave but she wouldn't listen," Josh said. "W-We were just talking. Seriously."

I looked at the both of them and started chuckling. "Y'all are really pussies man. You don't think I already know that? I heard it."

"H-How much?" Chris looked ready to piss himself.

I smirked. "Every word. But don't worry, I'm not going to kick your ass. Kayla says she doesn't want me fighting so I'm not going to fight. Unlike some people, I know how to keep a promise." He looked relieved while Josh looks constipated. "But just because I can't hit you doesn't mean I can't find other means of getting back." My glare got cold and unwavering. "I came here for me but I guess I can kill two birds with one stone. She deserves to know the truth." I leaned forward. "Why'd you do it Chris?"

"D-Do what?"

"Chris," Shawn got up and walked behind him making Chris tense up considerably. "We really do not have the patience with you right now. Answer the question or it's me you'll have to deal with. You know what he's talking about. Don't act dumber than you already are. We want the whole truth from beginning to end."

"I-It was a b-bet," he stammered. "You see, my friends and I were in this uh...competition with each other. It was dumb I know. It's been going on since high school and uh...followed us here? I guess. We were trying to see who could sleep with the most...um girls. But it got boring because everyone was so easy so we changed it up. We saw she was on the scholarship list and figured we'd bet on her. It was hard enough getting one scholarship at this school and she got almost a complete full ride so we figured she'd be this big nerd who could be a challenge for us."

"Spit it out," Shawn said dangerously low while squeezing the hell out of his injured shoulder.

"Awe fuck! They wanted a part of my family business so that was the terms of the bet. If I slept with her within two months I get a chair in their business and if takes longer they get a percentage in my company. We all know this place is just a means to get connections and we used her as a way to build that connection. Kayla didn't give in so easily so I ended up losing."

"So how do your sick ass friends getting a turn fit in this bet?" I could see Shawn's grip getting tighter. Chris looked ready to cry from pain.

"Hey man-" Without missing a beat Shawn punched Josh in the mouth.

"Shut up," he spoke lowly. "Or I'll break your fucking jaw."

"T-That part w-was all m-my fault," Chris stuttered. "After everything I-I felt bad. Even though she was just a bet...I started liking her. S-She was different and d-didn't care about who my family was. I felt guilty for using her. After...after the sex she wanted to make sure she didn't lose me and that just made shit worse. The guilt ate me up inside and I wanted it to go away. I just...I thought if she would hate me it would go away. I did the only thing I could think of. I know it was dumb-"

"Dumb," I chuckled darkly. I remained quiet this whole time to keep myself calm. I thought I could handle the truth about what was behind his motive but honestly, I'm having doubts. The only thing keeping me from snapping his neck was the promise I made to Kayla. "You made the conscious decision to sell her out to try and ease your guilty conscious and you have the nerve to say it was just dumb? You had the nerve to claim you didn't have any part in raping her all because she said yes to you? I'm trying not to attack you so I suggest you shut the fuck up." I turned to Josh. "Did you know?"