Chapter 17

Edited

Andre

"It was really good having you here Andre," Kayla's mom said. "I really thought I wouldn't meet a male friend of Kayla's until I was in my sixties."

"Really mom?" Kayla huffed. "Why do you always have to embarrass me?"

"I'm your mom. It's my job to embarrass you."

I chuckled. "Don't worry short stuff. I'm sure my parents are going to be ten times worse. It was good to meet you Ms. Browne."

"You too son. Be good to my daughter."

"I will." Me and Kayla stayed at her mom's place for two weeks. It was rough at first since I was coming to terms with finding out my little sister was possibly assaulted by Chris and Josh having some type of involvement somehow. A part of me believes they did it but there's also a lingering of doubt. Now that my mind is clearer it's like I can look at things differently.

Chris and Josh are sick in the head I admit. They have the motive to want to get back at me for all the shit over the years. But they don't have the balls. This I know. The things I know about them first hand doesn't add up at all to what I'm finding out. I really want to beat their asses but I need to know the truth. "You okay?" Kayla poked my cheek to get my attention. I realized how weird she really was but it's cute.

I chuckled. "I'm good short stuff. Why?"

"Just making sure. You look like you have a lot on your mind."

"I do," I admitted.

"Is it about your sister?"

"Yeah. I know I said I thought they did something to her but at the same time I'm not sure. Even if it takes them a while to get it through their heads I'm not the one to be fucked with, I don't think they were dumb enough to do something that extreme. Especially in my wild days."

"So you don't believe she was raped?"

"I don't know. I hope she wasn't. Something did happen that night though that changed her. Maybe Josh and Chris were involved somehow. Or maybe they know something. I don't know. But I'm going to find out."

"How are you going to deal with being on the same team as them?"

"Don't worry about all that. I've got this."

****

The entire drive back Kayla had been bugging me. She was upset I wouldn't let her drive her own car or let her pay for gas or let her pay for food. It was entertaining to see her so upset. She was also mad I wouldn't let her go to sleep for the long ride. She was extremely cranky when we got back to campus. "Best friend!" April cheered when we walked into their apartment. "It's been so long!"

"Yeah-yeah," she mumbled walking away.

"The fuck is wrong with you bitch?" April gave her a stank face.

"I successfully annoyed her the entire trip coming back," I chuckled. "She's a little cranky right now."

"Whatever. You should've given her the D on y'all little trip."

"April!" Kayla screamed from her room. I laughed out loud. This is why I fucks with April. She holds back for no one. "That's disrespectful to my momma. I would not get dicked down in her home."

"How about here? You need me to leave? I'll go to their apartment while y'all get it popping. I got condoms, mood music, candles, and lingerie."

"April can you stop?! I'm not going to wear your lingerie okay?"