Chapter 13

Edited

Andre

"You're one lucky guy," the police officer said opening my cell. "It seems the victims dropped the charges."

I smirked. "Well of course they did."

"Don't get cocky," the officer glared. "With an attitude like yours you'll be right back here."

"You think?" I chuckled.

"I know so," he looked saltier than the people that really wanted my ass in here. I just laughed at him. "That anger problem is going to have you fucked up one day."

"Obviously that day ain't today," I smirked. We went through the whole process of releasing me. I was finally given my phone back. I had a bunch of texts from Kayla so I replied. I asked her to come get me because we got some shit to talk about and I missed her face being in this place the past week. Kayla was blowing me up trying to figure out why I was in jail but I told her I'd explain once she got here. I went through my phone and checked back in with a few people. "Shit," I mumbled looking at a text.

Old Man: We need to talk

He sent that hours ago. I know he's ready to chew my ass out about this. I decided to call him to get things over with. "Fuckin jail bird," he answered.

I laughed a little. "Really pops? I'm free now."

"Yeah and I'm going to put my foot up your ass. I let the broken nose thing slide but you went too far Dre. You got these motherfuckers blowing my shit up over this."

"They deserved it," I said coldly. "They've been testing me since I came to this damn school."

"I told you, you need to work on your damn temper. Now ya ass might be getting kicked out of school."

"I'll walk the fuck out first," I mugged.

He sighed. "So damn hard headed. I'm going to see if we can just put you on suspension. Lil nigga over here breaking my damn pockets."

"Thanks pops but I'll handle this. If I have to face expulsion then I'll do it with my head held high. I can always just finish my degree somewhere else. The only reason I came here was for some connections and my degree. I'll face the consequences of my actions."

"Why'd you do it?" He asked curiously.

"I can't give you details. But they hurt someone I care about."

"Well those dumb motherfuckers really did deserve an ass whooping. Don't they know your hulk ass crazy when it comes to a woman?"

I chuckled. "I mean, most of the shit happened before we met but it really pissed me off how it's affecting her until this day. Like I knew they were pussies in life but the shit she told me," I let out a raggedy breathe that left me wanting to punch someone. "Shit was so wrong on so many levels man."

"I see it still have you upset. I don't know what happened but I'm glad you taught them a lesson. Before you or not I would've kicked your ass for not at least punching them in the face. You know how many times I fought with people from your mother's past? My excuse was 'they should've never have done it if they didn't want to get hurt by me'. Ya mother used to hate telling me shit. Had to fuck it out of her."

"Pops," I laughed. "That's why my ass crazy now. Your crazy ass guidance got me like this."

"Damn right. I've got to go though. Bring that girl over sometime so we can invite her into the family. She better be fine. I'll beat your ass if you over there going crazy over some ugly ass girl."