Secrets out

As I was getting ready for school on Tuesday, I was starting to notice my baby bump.

"Is it too obvious?" I asked Kate who was doing her hair. She turned to me and studied it, then shrugged. "Nah, you just look a little overweight."

"Great." I grumbled. Now everyone would be thinking I was eating lots because I was depressed or something.

Trying to make my already tightening school blouse looser, I thought about Eric. Yesterday I never saw him except in class and he never talked to me yet looked at me. It was true - I felt wounded after all he had done.

I sighed. I knew I should just act happy like I was free of that idiot, but I wasnt. Eric had managed to burrow his way into my heart and he definitely wasn't felony anywhere for a long time.

Pulling my dirty hair into a messy ponytail, I hitched up my backpack on my shoulder and turned to Kate.

"You ready?"

"Umm..." she groaned while trying pull an orange sneaker on. She managed to budge it on her foot and hopped up. "I am now."

I rolled my eyes and walked to her front door with her. "Orange sneakers with a hideous gray and purple uniform?"

"Hey!" Kate defended her sneakers. "I just had to brighten them up!"

"Whatever."

Walking out the door to the bus stop we waited in silence for the bus to come.

"So, what are you wearing?" Kate typically filled the comfortable silence.

I look down at my uniform. "Isn't it obvious?"

Kate groaned. "To the party you dumbo!"

I shrugged. "I dunno. I'm pregnant remember?"

"Don't use your barely visible baby bump as an excuse!" Kate whacked me.

The bus pulled up then. We both got in and sat by Amy.

"Georgia doesn't know what to wear on party night!" Kate exclaimed, shaking her. I just rolled my eyes. Kate could be so melodramatic.

"Party night?" I heard a girly voice behind me.

Whirling around, I saw Samantha sitting behind us with her friend, Danielle.

"Um," Kate stuttered. "It's nothing."

Samantha nodded, even though she clearly didn't believe us. "If it involves a party, then I should be invited."

"It's not a party." Amy said exasperated. "It's just a Girly night out."

"Ohhh." Samantha said, unimpressed. "Well knowing how young you guys look, you obviously aren't going clubbing."

I could almost see Amy about to blow up.

"We're just hanging out." I said quickly before Amy blew a fuse. I wouldn't blame her though, Samantha's words stung anyway.

We got to school in the end and us three walked to our lockers. Getting my books quickly, I walked into English.

I was the only one there, so I quietly made my way down to my seat and sat down. Eric rushed in shortly after. I almost flinched in pain at the longing for Eric to be mine again. I gazed at him as he ran his hands through his blonde hair, wishing I could do it for him.

I groaned to myself, saying I needed to snap out of it. Eric was my teacher who hated me, so why did I feel so drawn to him?

I banged my head on my desk, hoping to snap out of my trance. I heard Eric swear as he turned around.