Clues

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====:Scene Change

3rd POV

The soaked form of Naruto Uzuamki treaded through the Forest of Wandering Souls, searching for the cabin inn. Kit, you okay?...That was..really scary, I thought I was gonna die y'know. If you told them about that night, 'and every other time,' that wouldn't have happened. What? Why would I do that? Kurama sighed, My host is an idiot. HEY!! I'm not

"Big brother..."

The blonde stopped in his tracks and looked back. He looked all around, but couldn't see anything. He decided to speak in a low but audible voice, "Y-Yuni? Are you there?" It was quiet but then he heard giggles, her laughter. "Hey big brother!!" the voice called, faintly, "Do you hear me?" Naruto's breathing turned into short, quiet breaths. He looked around, his eyes scanning the surrounding area.

"Big brother?"

He felt the presence coming closer, but he couldn't see it. He tried harder, but to no avail. Yuni!! Where are you?! I can't see you!! Why is this happening now?! "Big brother...."

...

"I'm behind you,"

Naruto quickly whipped his head around only to be met with the onyx eyes of his teammate. The mysterious presence vanished. "Gah!!" he yelped, jumping back, "Sasuke? What are you doing here?" Sasuke shrugged, "Someone has to make sure you don't kill yourself again."

"Teme!!!!! That wasn't my fault back there!!"

"Whatever loser, now hurry up."

     Naruto growled before briskly turning and stomping over to the cabin, Sasuke trailing behind. What was that presence? It wasn't chakra, but it was ominous, the Uchiha thought.

Naruto POV

"Stupid Teme..."

    I walked over to the cabin and opened the door. "Hi there—what happened to you?" asked Akira. "Huh? Oh, nothing, I just fell into the lake," I replied, scratching my head. Akira chuckled, "Okay then, well head on up." I nodded before walking up the staircase to my room.

     I closed the door, and sighed. Slowly, I took off my jacket, revealing the soggy bandages and wounds underneath. I removed the bandages and scanned my body. There was a certain large burn on my right shoulder that stood out. It was stinging like hell; touching it made it worse. I remembered the cruel words and messages they marred my back with. With my hands I felt them, remembering every word. There was a big word engraved in the middle of my back, like it was the ultimate label.

DEMON

I felt tears picking my eyes and tried to wipe them along with the bad memories. Stupid stupid stupid!!Why am I thinking about this now?? Don't scold yourself Kit, it's only natural since tomorrow's your birthday. Yeah, I guess..

"Dobe? You in there?"

I gasped as the door knob turned. Quickly, I ran over to the door and leaned against it. Shoot I didn't hear him!!

"DON'T COME IN!!"

"The hell?! Let me in!!"

"YOU CAN'T COME IN YET!!"

"It's my room too, you idiot!! What are you even doing in there?!"

"Uh, I'm, uh..."

"Let me in or—"