Bracelet

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====:Scene Change

3rd POV

'Happy Birthday Naruto-nii!!! I love you!!!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: 1 year ago/Konoha/age 12

3rd POV

It was a special day today, the day of the Kyuubi's defeat, Naruto's twelfth birthday. At the moment, Naruto was fleeing away from the villagers' hateful personas and into the Forest of Death, where his sister was waiting.

Once he arrived at the clearing, Naruto saw a little girl wearing a light purple dress, about eight years old, picking the flowers from the clearing and trying to make a crown...trying.

"Dang it!! I can't do it!!" Yuni complained throwing the cluster of flowers onto the ground. Naruto chuckled and walked over to his surrogate sister. Yuni turned around and immediately brightened up. "Big Brother Naruto!!!" she greeted. Naruto waved back at her, "Hi Yuni-chan!" She ran up to him and hugged him with her little arms, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" She seemed really happy, but slowly rubbed her arm and rolled her ankle before saying, "I wanted to make you a flower crown thingy but I didn't know how..."

"Haha!" Naruto laughed. "Hey!" she pouted, "Don't make fun of me!!" Naruto smiled before walking over to Yuni. He bent down and began to pick some flowers, "Here let's make it together." Yuni nodded her head enthusiastically.

They both sat at the base of the Sakura tree trunk and began weaving a colorful flower crown together. Yuni placed the crown on the blonde mop Naruto called a head. "There! Now Happy Birthday!" she said, closing her eyes while smiling. Naruto took off the flower crown and placed it onto Yuni's head. She opened her eyes and looked at him in confusion. "You look better with it," he explained. Yuni pouted before hugging Naruto again.

"Will they, um.." Yuni started, "..will they try to beat you again?" Naruto sighed before nodding. The girl buried her head into his chest before muttering, "It's not fair..." Naruto noticed a purple bruise on the girl's arm, it must've been from her dad. He began to sing a tune, their favorite song. Gradually the atmosphere was filled with joy and safety...until they heard chanting and marching.

Turning around, both children saw a group of six men stomping up to them. They were big and bulky. One man in particular had muddy blond hair and cold silver eyes. He had a goatee on his face and a mole by his mouth. He was wearing sweatpants and a gray sweatshirt, a Konoha shinobi headband tied around his left muscular bicep. Naruto felt Yuni quiver.

"D-d-daddy.."

His eyes widened, Her dad's a shinobi?! Naruto turned back to the menacing group, scowls staining their filthy faces.

"Yuni."

Said child whimpered and clutched onto Naruto's shirt. "I thought I told you to stay away from this thing you insolent child, or must I remind you what happens when you disobey me?" the leader growled. "N-n-no s-s-sir," Yuni whispered. Naruto saw her rubbing the bruise on her arm, and he made a move to protect her from the mean men. He embraced his quivering sister in his arms, and tried to shield her from the hate he was so used to receiving. With a lot of courage he stared directly at Yuni's father, trying not to waver under his deadly stare.

He man let out a feral growl, "So you tainted my daughter, I should've known you'd do something like that, devil." Naruto didn't say anything, he didn't have the words. The men snickered and drew closer. Naruto held Yuni close to him, trying to protect her. Then it all came down.