Knives

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====: Scene change

3rd POV

"So...the council's a b-tch"

"Kiba!"

"What?! Didn't you hear the story?! They let him get away with murdering his wife and child!! What kind of bull is that?!

...

After discussing matters with Yuni's father, the trio agreed to share Yuni's story and the their suspicions with her mother's death with the rest of the rookies.

"I just can't imagine...who has the stomach to kill their own family?" Choji asked.

"More people than you'd think" Sasuke remarked bitterly.

"It's not that surprising," Ino said, "I mean look at my mom. Last week, she was just my mom to me. Now she's a monster. Who knows what horrible people we're living around."

Every genin nodded at that.

"Why don't we just tell Lady Tsunade? She's the hokage and she's not a jackass like everyone else in the village. She'll definitely help us out. Especially Naruto," Kiba suggested.

"Easier said than done," Shikamaru replied.

"He's right," Shino added, "Lady Tsunade needs to get through to the council, which in this case, definitely doesn't want to cooperate."

"Not to mention the lack of evidence," Shikamaru said, making Naruto flinch.

"Not to say I don't believe you, I do," he added quickly, "but the murder happened a year ago. And we don't know how Yuni's mother was killed. All we have is speculation. We can suspect all we want, but we need to be sure."

Naruto relaxed at that and nodded, looking over to the giant cherry tree.

Yuni's resting place.

"I made a promise to Yuni here, that I'd finally escape from this cycle..."

He turned back to his friends.

"I just still can't believe you're all here for me."

The genin all smiled at that.

"Of course we are you idiot," Sakura spoke for everyone else.

"Don't worry, we'll definitely bust this bastard's ass," Kiba promised.

==========================================================================

3rd POV

The genin, with Naruto's guidance, made their way safely out of the Forest of Death, still thinking about the cold murder that took place at its center.

On return, walking through the village still wasn't a pleasant experience, but having his friends' company and support relieved much of the tension.

...

My friends...I'll have to get used to this.

It's nice isn't it?

It's really nice.