The First Step

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====: Scene Change

3rd POV

Naruto ran away from the inn, into the forest. Kit, what are you doing? They know dammit!! That's a good thing! That's a bad thing!! You're such an idioooot!!! You're such a prick!! That's the best you can do? Shut up you stupid fox!!!

...

'Don't lie'

'I know you're lying dobe'

'Don't act like I don't know. Yesterday, that little incident, remember?'

'Cut the bull crap! Tell us right here right now! What the hell's wrong with you these past few days?!'

'You just frikin threw up after talking about something as silly as the fox hunt.'

'silly as the fox hunt.'

silly

fox

hunt

Silly???

...

YOU THINK IT'S SILLY YOU MORONS!!!!!!!!!

...

     Naruto's eyes changed from azure blue to blood red. His pupils turned into slants and his teeth were sharpened. His whiskers became more defined and his nails grew into long, deadly claws. A ferocious roar erupted from his throat.

"AAAAAARRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGG!!!!"

With one swift, powerful movement, Naruto, with a chakra infused fist, punched a tall tree, uprooting it from the ground before it crashed down wish a loud echo.

SMASH

CRASH

As the dust cleared, Naruto stared at his work. There was a large dent caving into the bark of the tree, where he punched the trunk. He looked at his hands. He saw claws. Claws of a monster. He touched his teeth, sharp as razors. Teeth of monster. He felt tears fall from his blood red eyes, down his face. He felt like a monster at the moment, it was stupid.

     He felt his eyes convert from red back to blue as his teeth went back to their normal state. His claws turned back into normal hands, and his whiskers were less defined. He sat down on the grass, pulling his knees to his chest. He wrapped his arms around his legs and just stared, not really looking at anything.

     His eyes were dull, lifeless. He would always feel like this around his birthday. Why wouldn't he? He was taught to feel this way. Or rather...

...forced to.

Naruto heard faint footsteps in the distance. He didn't bother to look around, as if expecting it to be a villager, even though he wasn't in Konoha right now.

     Behind him, was his best friend, duck butt hair and all. Sasuke hated seeing his friend like this, it wasn't like him. However, the more he thought about it, he wondered, Who is Naruto?

     The two stayed like this in silence, Naruto's tears falling quietly . The silence remained unbroken until Sasuke spoke,

"Naruto."

...

"You said my name."