Wish

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====:Scene Change

3rd POV

Naruto continued to walk through the forest until his tracks stopped at the big lake. The moon light rays reflected onto the lake, making the water look crystal blue and silver. A warm night breeze blew through the forest as Naruto made his way to the foot of the lake.

Not far behind, Shikamaru, Sasuke and Neji were quietly watching the blonde in the bushes. Naruto was sure he sensed something there, but he shrugged it off as nothing. Slowly, Naruto unzipped his jacket.

"What are we doing?" whispered Neji. "We're watching him, remember," Shikamaru answered back. Sasuke continue to watch the blonde, noticing he was hesitant to take off his jacket. What's taking him? Sasuke wondered. As if on point, Naruto took off his jacket. The three boys' eyes widened.

Naruto's torso was covered in nasty looking scars and burns. There were bandages, yes, but that didn't cover up everything. They watched as Naruto undid his bandages and took in the sight. Cruel words and messages were engraved onto the blonde's back, making his teammate in the bushes furious. Sasuke was about to make a move until Shikamaru grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?" he asked trying to pry the hand off. "Not yet," Shikamaru answered, "We're only observing here." Neji quietly shushed the other two when he noticed Naruto turn his head toward the bushes.

Naruto POV

RUSTLE

     I turned around to the bushes and didn't find anything there. That's weird, hey Kura-nii, are you sure there's no one here?? Yes I'm sure. 'That your friends will finally see the truth.' Oh, okay then. I continued to undress, leaving my boxers on and slipping on the red beaded bracelet, before I stepped into the lake. I continued to walk in until I was submerged waist high. I thought you were afraid of water? Drowning, not water. I began to wash myself, my wounds stinging in the cold water. I looked up to the moon for a while, entranced by its mysterious beauty, and traveled into my thoughts.

...

'Hi Naruto-kun! My name's Yuni!'

'I don't think you're a monster, you're too nice.'

'Naruto-kun!'

'Hi! Naruto-nii.'
...
Urgh!! Why is this happening now!!!!
...
'Thanks you so much Big brother!'

'Naruto! Let's play together!!'

'My daddy, h-he hit me..'

'I love you too big brother!!'

"Big brother..."

I whipped my head around, toward the trees. The presence from the forest was back. The silence seemed to be the loudest thing I could hear. I waited...

"Naruto-nii?"

There was nothing.

"Big brother???"

Nothing.

...

"Can you see me now?"

...

There!!

Suddenly, something glowing a misty white color caught my eye. There!! Just as quickly as it appeared, the misty substance left. I quickly waded out of the lake and put on my clothes, running over to the direction of where I last saw the glow.