Chapter 3✔

Quensilla's POV

"Is this even. . . this isn't going to cover my boobs." I sigh and she glares at me. I roll my eyes, grabbing a cheaper more appropriate dress after one hour of shopping.

Everything in my hand was decent and I liked it that way.

"At least buy some of those?" She pleads and motions to the lacy undergarments. "You Granny panties are killing me!"

"Hey. ." I shush her. "They're comfortable."

"Buy them." This time, I let her take some and little did I know. Her some were over forty pairs.

"I'll never use all of this." I blink as she cashes out and she grins.

"Yes you will. I may or may jot have burned all your undies while you were at work." She cackles and I gape.

"Penelope!"

× × ×

As I returned, Daniella was sound asleep, the next door elderly lady named misses Pippins sat next to her.

"Thanks Ms . P." I grin and she returns it.

"Anytime. You need to get out more." She shakes her head, smacking my bum before leaving.

I lift my little girl, walking to her room and placing her gently on her comfy mattress. No matter what she would always have the best.

I promised myself that. . I promised her that.

I lay in her bed for a while stroking her hair, trying to count the times I would stay in the exact spot and cry.

I had always wondered what happened to him after I left, but I never had the heart to look into it. Now he's back, and under some serious circumstances.

I just need to guard my heart this time, for her sake . . and for mine.

× × ×

The next morning I'm energized and ready for work, feeding Daniella some of the good cereal that I managed to buy and she loved it. I smile warmly at her, pulling her long brown hair into a ponytail.

"Ready for school?" I ask, fixing my hair also and she nods, slipping on her bag.

I admired myself once more in the mirror, admitting that I looked good on my second day, with a red pencil skirt, that was knee length, and a pretty white chiffon blouse that actually for, even with the lacy bra which kept my boobs firmly in place. I looked good. My hair that I had recently cut, laying at my shoulder, loose and wavy. I nod in approval and Daniella rolled her eyes, an impatient look as she tapped her door, stretching her hands so I could take it.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I chuckle lightly.

I get into the car that was about to break down any day now and drove to her school, for the first time I was early.

She kisses my cheek running towards her teacher and I wave at the mean lady who just scowled at me.

I snort, reversing and heading out.

I swear, she could do whatever she wants but the day she touches my child it'll-

Wait.

Why am I stopping?

I gasp in shock as the vehicle does one jerk before halting to a stop.

In the middle of traffic.

"Crap, crap, crap." I try starting, but its gone this time.

I know I said soon, but not this soon!

Horns fill the air and I bang my head on the steering wheel. No one came out to even question me, so my anger simply spiked up as I stomped out of the vehicle.

I gave them a sarcastic smile before lifting my hands and showing all of them my middle finger. Sooner or later, a figure from a sleek black Mercedes Benz came walking towards me and I roll my eyes at Theodore.

"Care to tell me why you're riding in that death trap?" He grits.

"Because some of us couldn't make it through college." I snap and his eyes move to mine.

"Let's go." He grabs my hand and I let him pull me into his car. It had that new leather and A.c smell, I loved it. But I didn't like him.

He got into the drivers side and reversed nearly missing some cars and it reminded me of when-

Zip it.

"I just got this car. But consider it yours as I get the paper work done."

"What?" My mouth drops open.

"You heard me."

"Absolutely not." I scoff, looking through the window.

"You're my employee, I'm practically responsible for your health."

"Yes. In the company, out of the building we don't know each other." I state curtly and I can tell that he tensed.

"You're taking the car. And that's final." He states and I simply roll my eyes.

"If you think that's going to somehow get us back to where we were your dead wrong." I murmur more to myself but unfortunately. .

"I'm not the one who left." He snaps.

"I would rather you leave, in thin air, with no note than what you did to me." I gulp as every thing goes quite and the building comes into view.

He parks and I get out quickly, before realizing that I hadn't taken anything from the car.

"Dammit."

"What is it?"

"Nothing." I snap and he shrugs. Walking ahead of me.

"Are you coming?" He asks as I stand there and I bite my lip.

Should I tell him? I mean-

Hello. . .

I let my eyes travel down his muscular form, as the dark black suit clung to his every muscle.

"Quensilla." My eyes snap back to his and he has a knowing smirk.

"Do you need a ride back?"

"How'd you know?"

"Just figured." He shrugs and I sigh.

"Okay."

× × ×

The entire ride was quiet and awkward. Stiff with so many questions that no one dared to ask.

He loosened his tie a bit and I frown at the window.

"What is it that you do? Job wise?" I ask.

"I buy private islands and resell them."

"But how does your company stay that firm? Do a lot of people really buy private islands?"

"Well, if you have the right connections." He shrugs.

"How'd you do all of this? Didn't you want to become a lawyer?"

"No, my dad wanted me to become a lawyer. I wanted to be an artist and instead of sending them pictures, I draw the islands, every detail and personally give it to them."

"You never showed me your art book." It comes out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"I still can. ." He murmurs and I stay quiet at that. "Can I ask you a question now?"

I hesitate, it's only fair, so I nod.

"Why'd you leave without even saying goodbye?"

I don't draw any breaths I just stay calm, hand on my chin as I stare out the window.

"The person I loved didn't even give me a chance to fight for what we had. . why would I give him one?"