Chapter 19

Quensilla's POV

Summer was quickly approaching and Daniella was utterly excited to finally go abroad to see her real parents.

I wasn't going to lie, it hurt when she told me she wanted to know what it was like to have a dad, and to experience a together family.

Someone of her own blood. My mind said to me and it burned.

Her mother and father were very young when they had her, and their parents forced them to give her away, even in their wealthy state. A few years later they're at my door, pleading with me to let them be able to see her. So they come every holiday and take her to their houses all over, but this time, she was going to them in only a few days.

"Hey. ." Penelope enters the kitchen and I sigh.

"Hey."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm scared P. . what if she doesn't want to come back." And then it happens. Her face is all crumpled up like she was expecting a blow. She looked guilty.

"What? What is it?"

"Silla. . "

"Penelope, what. Is. It?"

"I have to tell you something, while you were in France. . Daniella and I would always have these late night conversations. She couldn't sleep."

"You're telling me this now?"

"Wait. ." she gulps. "She's not happy Queen. ."

"What?"

"Daniella. . she. . she wants to live with them."

"No. No. No. No absolutely not."

"That's not it."

"She told me that she was worried. . because she told them and. . they said. ." she took a deep breath. "They said that they were going to take her back. ."

"You're lying!" I shoot up hysterically.

"Babe—"

"Stop!" I scream. "Where is she? Where is my baby Penelope."

"I'm sorry."

"Penelope what the f'ck! What so you mean you're sorry."

"They took her. . they took her back."

"Stop lying!" I scream, tears running down my face as I crazily ran through her house pushing doors open roughly.

But I didn't find her.

"How could you do this to me!" I return to her and she was crying also. "This is f'cking legal!"

"They threatened me Quensilla I couldn't. . . I couldn't tell you." She sobs reaching for me but instead I just let my hand slide roughly across her face. She gasps and I breathe heavily.

"You're supposed to protect he—" I groan loudly as a fist collides with my nose.

"She looked so freaking happy when she left. I see now. I see why."

× × ×

I sat at the foot of my bed, my expression bitter as I held the phone to my ears.

"Ms. James." Came a prepared voice.

"Where's my daughter?"

"You mean my daughter? She's alive and well, thank you for your concern."

"You had no right! This is illegal."

"Well, I spoke to a judge and we all decided that you weren't suitable for my daughter. She's safe with me."

"I have all my papers! I went through a year trying to get the child that you gave away!"

"I didn't have a choice!" She screamed at me. "You need to understand that you are not her real mother, you didn't feel what I felt in the hospital, you didn't go through any pain for her! Thank you so much Ms. James, for taking care of my daughter while I couldn't. But if you don't want to understand I'm sure the world will love to know about your home wrecking doings."

I furrow my eyebrows, "what?"

"Having an affair with Peter Petroverse? Tsk tsk tsk, what are you trying to teach my daughter? Leaving her for five days with some black woman? I'm sorry Ms James, I really am but I never wanted to give up my baby, and sooner or later you'll understand. Good bye."

As the line click dead so does my feelings.

Dead.

Thats all I feel.

Dead.