Chapter 5

Quensilla's POV

Two weeks later and everything was normal.  Theodore would still look at me, grumble under his breath but he would try nothing more.

I was just closing up my desk, he clears his throat.

"There's a meeting we're required to attend." He says and I turn to him furrowing my eyebrows.

"Okay. . I'm always at your meetings." I shrug.

"In France."

"What?" I gape.

"We have to leave tomorrow, we return five days later."

"F-five days?" I can't do that! I have Daniella to look after. "I can't I'm sorry, but you'll have a o find someone else."

"I'm terribly sorry Ms. James. But this is in the contract, and if you don't want to lose your job-"

"You can't release me until the two years is up."

"You can't leave. But I can fire you." He smirks and I bite my lip.

"Theodore you should understand I have a -"

"That's not my problem." He snaps. "If you want to keep your job, you'll be at the airport at four in the morning. You are dismissed." He waved his hand dismissively and I scoff, grabbing my bag.

"Asshole." I mutter.

"What did you say?" My heart jumped in my chest at how low and calm his voice sounded.

"Nothing." I say trying to walk away quickly but I am grabbed by my hand and pulled into a hard chest.

"Look at me."

Dang it!

I raise my head, staring at the ceiling. This man grew even taller.

"At me Quensilla." He demanded and I let my eyes meet his.

"You best know who you're talking to. ." His hands move to my waist and I was a little to dazed and afraid to move. "I don't care who's in your life. Who isn't. Who's going to be. You," his hands slip over my butt before gripping tightly and I gasp. "Will always be mine."

× × ×

"Damn that sounded sexy." Penelope winks as we sit on the bed and I glare at her. "I'm just saying!"

"I don't even know what's happening. One minute he's all professional, the next he's all over me, touching my butt."

"He still has feelings for you."

"Well duh." I roll my eyes. "But he's the one who left."

"Forgive and forget."

"I thought you hated him?"

"He sounds sexy honestly." She repeats and I give her a deadpan look. "Plus, you know Daniella is always welcome at my house. I live alone for the lord's sake! Its only five days. Be independent!"

I lay my head back on the bed sighing.

"Mom?" The little girl slowly peeks into the room and I beckon her to come in.

"You good babe?" I ask and she nods. "I might have to go on a trip. . just for a little while."

"So I get to stay with Aunty Penelope!?" She says jumping and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Penelope. . why does she sound so excited?"

She averts her eyes and shrug. "I'm just a great person to be around." .

Right. If Daniella was a teenager, maybe 16, Penelope would be the one handing her condoms and telling her to have fun!

"Don't do anything stupid!" I warn her and she sticks her tongue out.

"Don't let aunty Penelope influence you babe." I grab her shoulder and she gives me a mischievous grin, nodding. "Oh no. ."

"Oh yes. ." Penelope grins.

"Penelope!"

× × ×

At three thirty, I'm in Penelope's car, Daniella sound asleep in the back as she drives me to the airport.

"So are you excited?" She asks. "You're going to France!"

"For a meeting." I deadpan.

"With your ex." She wiggles her eyebrows and I sigh.

"I don't love him."

"No one said you did sis."

"He hurt me, he hurt me again, then he left me! Stupid stupid stupid!" I angrily mutter and Penelope makes a face, her eyes wide as she stares squarely at the road.

"Alright then." She mumbles.

"So what if he's totally handsome, and has his own business, and he can draw, and every time he touches me I feel sparks SO WHAT?! I AM PERFECTLY FINE WITHOUT HIM!" I was breathing heavily and Penelope stopped the car, staring at me.

"Alright girl take it easy." She sips her tea bag before driving again and I sigh.

"Penelope . . .I don't want to fall for him again."

"Then don't."

"I don't think that's possible."

"Bitch, if your heart feels like you need him take him alright? We women hold on to the past so hardly that we miss so many opportunities. So baby girl, if he's ready to tuck his tail and apologize. Take him! Don't take him easily but Take. Him."