Chapter 38-Tattoos, Twerking and Something Tasty

Zeke

Bzzzz.

The buzz of Danny's tattoo machine combats the thumping sub-bass of the music pumping through the speakers. He has always had an eclectic taste when it comes to what he listens to and currently he is obsessing over the electronic dance music called dubstep.

Micah is reclined back in the shop's "throne of pain" as Danny finishes up some detail work on his memorial tat. He is staring at Mason who is currently dancing like a jackass near the windows of Dedicated Ink, "What the hell are we listening to?"

Hunched over while moving the rotary over Micah's ribcage, Danny doesn't look up, "Music."

Scoffing, Micah hollers at his brother, "And what the hell are you doing?"

Mason keeps up with the beat as he twists his body and dances as if he is entertaining a crowd. He bends, places his hands on his knees and looks back towards Micah, "Dancing."

Chuckling from my spot in the waiting area, I go back to flipping through Danny's updated portfolio. Studying the images of brightly colored and intricate designs that are genuine works of art.

"Damn, Danny," I stand and walk over to his work station, avoiding Mason's twerking ass. "Your work gets better and better. Pretty soon you'll have to hire some help to keep up with demand."

Shutting off the coil, Danny begins to clean up his work by wiping dampened gauze over Micah's bloody and freshly inked flesh. "Funny you should mention that. I got a call from Logan this morning. He has a new crew member that has tatting experience. He wanted to know if I'd consider taking on an apprentice."

Mason suddenly rolls into our conversation on a wheeled stool. "What's his name?"

Moving Micah's chair into the upright position, Danny begins cleaning up his workspace. "Her name is Kea."

The smell of disinfectant meets my nose as the three of us stare at Danny's back while he continues to go through his sanitization routine.

As I open my mouth to ask for more information, the door chimes, drawing all of our attention away from the current cliffhanger.

Caylin clamors in, "Everly's in trouble, let's go!"

We race outside and find the rest of the girls waiting in a large SUV. I take the seat next to Caylin and the guys pile into Danny's pick-up.

Thea puts the accelerator to the floor as I turn to Caylin, "Explain."

"One of Seri's gifts is that of a seer. She had a vision and saw Everly being taken."

"How accurate are her visions?"

"Very," Seri mutters. I turn and face the mysterious woman as she stares out the window with a forlorn look on her face.  "Typically the vision to reality timeline is five minutes. I saw her outside near a dumpster and someone grabbed her from behind."

"Dammit," I take out my cell and dial Trent.

After a few rings, his surly voice answers, "Yeah?"

"Evie's in trouble. Outside. Dumpster. Now!"

Not waiting for his response, I hang up and drop my phone in my lap. My knees begin to bounce and my hands run through my hair, gripping it with frustration. Not being able to shift has never caused me much distress in the past. Of course, in the past my mate hasn't been in danger. I feel the hand of fear squeeze my heart, it's mangled claws puncturing my wall of hope. Closing my eyes, I say a silent prayer to our Creator.