Chapter 13: I remember you dating-

Laila POV

"I'm having fun"

Mrs Tan laughed as I dance like a fool while she sing. I have no idea what is she doing alone in front of Jeremy's building but when I offer to take her around the city she happily agreed so I thought she must have been walking around alone the whole time until she saw me.

Tina was surprised to see her. She was even sceptical about allowing me to go along with her but since she has a lot of other things to do as my agent she just allowed me without forgetting to remind me about the paparazzi and that I have a lot on my schedule so this will be my last freedom.

I'm not even a celebrity so I don't get why paparazzi keep on flocking. 

After Tina drop us off I took her to my favourite Chinese food place which she was happy about. She'd been here for a whole week and she said she was starting to miss her own cuisine. When she saw the Karaoke bar I never thought that she would be the one to force me to go inside.

And here we are almost an hour later. I let her sing to her heart's content. Seeing her happy reminds me of a feeling you have around your family. I only sing twice and mostly dance to whatever song she is singing.

"Xie Xie. Thank you so much." She said as soon as she is done singing.

We both sat back to our sit and I handed her water for her to drink.

"I'm happy that you had fun." I happily said to her.

"Your parents must have been so proud of you" at the mention of my parents my mood suddenly changed.

It was as if I was stabbed in the chest. She must have seen the change in my reaction because her smile was replaced with a concerned look. I know what she was about to ask when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Laila?" Mona's voice was trembling, "Laila I need your help!"

"Why? What happened?" I asked her.

"Ken's grandma is missing. He said he just left her for a while and then when he came back she was gone!"

I got confused. I turn to look at the old lady beside me who has a curious look on her face.

"Mona?"

"Yes?"

"I don't think she is missing." I slowly said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well for starters, she's right beside me right now. I think I practically just kidnapped her." I stated.

"WHAT?" Mona shrieked from the other line that I had to pull away the phone from my ear. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. We can meet up at the Luna cafe if you like." I told her.

"Thank God! I'll tell Ken. We'll be there. Thank you, Laila." I heard a male voice right before she ended the call. Must have been Ken.

I looked back to the lady beside me, "You weren't lost and alone when I saw you."

I stated more than ask. She just nodded and I have to take a deep breath. I just practically kidnapped someone because I thought wrong and her family is now going crazy looking for her.

"You're son and daughter-in-law are looking for you."

**********

It took us twenty minutes to get to Luna cafe. I grew fond of that place because I work there while I'm still studying at the university. George, was so happy to see me when I visited the moment I came back to this place.