Chapter 23: Hurt all over again

***Headline News***

After months of countless rumours and denying, the world's most wanted bachelor and famous writer had now admitted their relationship. Jeremy Malarkey and Laila Condes had rekindled their love as many believe that they were once already an item back in their college days.

After finally stepping into the spotlight and claiming credit for her work, Laila Condes has always been the talk of the town not just because of her work but most especially how the famously known heartless CEO was smitten by her announcing they were together a few months back instigating the rumour. Countless reports and shots of the two being together surfaced but they always deny until last night's event.

*********************************

Laila POV

"Here are all the evidence you need to prove that you never plagiarize your work and that they are lying about it." Brian handed me an envelope.

I checked the content though that seems unnecessary knowing Brian. He's giving me a weird look ever since he got here and I got a vague idea about why.

"Are you sure that she'll be here today?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. All you've got to do is to confront her though I doubt that is a wise idea. Why not just gave that to the reporters?" he said.

"I need a shred of much solid evidence and besides, who knows what else they got up their sleeves. I need to completely make them stop." I told him truthfully.

I've countered and measured everything they might come out with. If I need clear my name and help Henry, I need to show them that they can't look down on us. Not when I'm involved and not when someone else is being used just to get to me.

"I told you she'll come." Brian looked in the direction of the entrance and I saw the girl who claim to be the real brain behind my work.

She took a seat two tables away from us. We just watched her as she waits for someone else. I need to capture her accomplice. If what Brian said is true, I'll be able to clear both mine and Henry's names in no time.

A few minutes later a girl came and sat with her. The girl looked familiar and that's when I remember. She's the one I also saw in the parking lot.

"Are you ready?" I playfully asked Brian.

He gave me a mischievous smile "Hell I am."

I got up from my seat and walks towards the two ladies who are busy laughing over something. As I got closer I can hear what they are talking about.

"Well, that b*tch deserves everything. Who does she think she is taking away something that is mine." the one who got Henry in trouble said.

"What Monica wants, Monica gets." the other said. So her name was Monica.

"My uncle will make sure that that director will rot in jail for yelling at me and I'll make sure that she won't be able to publish any more of her works. I even manage to have all her events postponed. No one will believe her." Monica proudly said.

They were so engrossed that they didn't notice me coming.

"Then I suggest that you tell the truth before anything else backfired on your plan," I speak out.

Their eyes widen in shock upon seeing me. I took a seat on the empty spot. My face was void of any emotions. Nothing but fierce and aggressive.

"What are you talking about?" the other girl said.