Chapter 44: Act with him.

LAILA POV

I was pacing anxiously around my office. After I got home from Jer's office that day I always feel creep out around my apartment. It's like someone is always watching my every move and even inside my house. At first, I'll shrug it off but I can't help to notice that my things were moved or touched. I already asked for the surveillance footage but nothing shows.

I took out my phone and dialled someone I think can help, he answered after a ring, "Hey I need a favour."

"Always straight to the point Laila," Brian bemuse, "What can I do?"

"Can you get me the surveillance footage around my apartment? If you can get the whole surrounding much better." I told him.

"Why? Can't you do it on your own?" he asked confused.

"I can, it's just that it is better if I'm not the one to do it," I think that whoever was watching me had already sabotaged the surveillance at the apartment when I asked for it.

Brian was silent at the other line, "What's going on Laila?"

I was hesitant to tell him, I'm still not sure about things so I don't want to make speculations but knowing Brian, "I think someone's been stalking me."

"What? Does Jer knows this?" he was panicking.

"No! Don't tell him! That's why I talked to you first. I just got this feeling someone's been following me and even got inside my apartment. I already asked for more security. Brian, you are the only one who can help me deal with this quietly so please do this discreetly. Keep things under the radar." I pleaded.

"But Laila if someone is really stalking you Jeremy needs to know." he reasoned out with me.

I bit my lower lip. "I know but I hate his gut right now, so I'm asking you. I promise if you need my help next time I won't hesitate"

I made that promise that I wished I hadn't said carelessly if I had known what he will ask of me in the future.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it. Message me about the details like when did you notice and where you saw it so I can fully investigate." Brian said.

"Thank you. And don't tell Malarkey, that moron!"

Brian laughed, "What did he do now?"

"Ask him and please do tell him he should have known not to provoke me." Remembering what happened had my blood boiling for no reason.

"Okay. Remember your promise."

Soon after my phone call, the door of my office opened. Henry came in with a massive grin on his face. He looked at me from head to toe before whistling.

"Let me guess, Clarisse made you wear that" he teasingly said to me.

I narrowed my eyes at him as I straighten my dress.