29//

{Two chapters in one day since this book will end probably next chapter or 2 chapters from now}

Chapter 29:

This day, my father lost his life. I was shocked, and I couldn't understand.
How?  It wasn't like this before.

I didn't know what to feel about this at first once I heard the news, was I supposed to mourn his death or be happy that he was finally gone from this world? Memories of my past and previous life came flooding in.

In the end, I ended up mourning his death - the good memories outweighed the rest.

My mother didn't take this news very well, she was cooped up in her room for several hours, even until now I could hear her sobs and cries, my younger brother's cried as well, but Izuna shed no tears.

A shinobi does not cry.

Those were the words he had said to me.

A shinobi has to seem okay even if everything is not okay.

That also became the same day, Izuna was appointed as clan head.

Hanaki has never left the Uchiha clan grounds ever since the ambush, he was always there and it made me very uncomfortable, he also served me tea everyday, thinking it was an act of kindness and for his pity I pretended to drink it, Mother was already sad, I didn't want her to feel disappointed in me because I refused my fiance's own hand made tea. 

At my father's funeral almost every single Uchiha was there to mourn his death, he may be a bad father to me in this life, but he was a great leader to them. I myself had wanted to shed my own tears, wondering what it would feel like if my father and I went along with each other in this life.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me, but it gave me no comfort, it didn't give me any warmth either. I made no move to push it away, seemingly lifeless at this very moment.

"It's okay, Madara, I'm here." Hanaki whispered.

I flinched.
I don't want you here. I pushed Hanaki away and glared at him. "I want to be alone."

Even when I had said that, he took a step forward to get closer, in response, I took seven steps back. My eyes fell unto my father's coffin as he was being buried, and at this moment I felt immense hatred, who could have done this? What clan was responsible?

In the midst of all the gossip - one name stood out. Ikahan. What the fuck was that? no such thing existed in my past life.

At this moment I remembered everything I had lost in my past life, my mother, my brothers, my father, Izuna, my clan--everything, I felt my eyes swirl, suddenly feeling that familiar feeling in my eyes I knew what it was.

--The Mangekyou.

Turning it off, I turned away trying to control all my emotions - the weight of both lifetimes, in this particular moment was heavier than I could ever imagine.

______

"Madara, is there someone in your heart?"

I glared at the source of the question. "Why do you keep asking me that?"

"Is there?"

As usual every time he asks me that he pushes toward me a cup of tea.

"I'm not thirsty." I stated.

"This would make your headache better."

I raised an eyebrow. "How would you know that I have a headache?" 

Suddenly someone barged into the room, Hanaki looked as if he was suddenly saved from something. I stared at the intruder.
"State your business." I frowned.

"M-Madara-hime the Senju are right infront of our gates.

As I heard that I spat my tea out in shock. Are the senju's insane, my father had just recently died. Just what made them think this was a good time to come to us? Even Hanaki had his eyes wide open in shock.

"Aren't the senju and uchiha long-term enemies? What's with this sudden change?"

Was this an attack?

Wasting no time I headed towards the front gates.

_______

Once I was there, I got the gist about what this whole thing was about. An alliance? I was moved to believe that the Senju's had gone completely insane. 

With talks of peace it looked like our clan was divided. Others were tired of this long fight and endless bloodshed, but there were also others that couldn't let go of their burning hatred.

"Haven't you heard the saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend?" My eyes widened when I saw the source of the voice--Hashirama. Just what was this idiot doing?

"The Ikahan killed my father, and many other members of my clan, so we ask that until we could put a stop to them that the Uchiha and Senju would work together...." Hashirama took in a deep breath. "Then...we could return to being enemies."

Whispers sounded everywhere, everyone was saying that he was insane.

"This can't work." Hanaki glared. "The enemy of our enemy is also our enemy."

"That's why we call for a temporary truce." The white hair--Tobirama, I remember stated coldly. "But don't think I have forgotten what you have done to my clan."

Suddenly one of the elders stepped up with a fake smile. "...Alright."

Hanaki looked at the elder in disbelief. "You can't possibly---"

"We don't need two problems at the same time." The elder stated. "We both suffered sides of casualties, this should end."

Numerous words of protests were heard. As expected, two sides that hate each other, how could they suddenly accept each other?

"Silence!"

Everyone stopped, all eyes were on Izuna as he was the one to shout out. Even my eyes widened, if there was someone who hated the Uchiha's the most in the clan it should be Izuna. His eyes landed on the senju then frowned. "..Then I suppose from now on the Senju and Uchiha are now allies?"

"Izuna-sama! You can't--"

"We've suffered losses and so did they....I will put the past behind me but I will never forget what the senju had done to us." Izuna stated.

"And we will never forget what the Uchiha has done to us as well." Tobirama stepped up.

"This alliance is only temporary, once the Ikahan is gone everything would go back to the way it is." Tobirama and Izuna said in perfect synchronization at the same time they glared at eachother.

Like two birds of the same feather.

Hashirama and I suddenly made eye contact, although there were many people still against this, the word of the clan leader was the law. He smiled and I awkwardly smiled back.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice the darkened look of Hanaki because my sight was preoccupied somewhere else.