32//

End:

I felt a sense of loss, there was also a strange nagging feeling in my heart that I have never felt before. It was new to me and I hated it. After that day, Hashirama tried to talk to me again and again but I refused to see him. Using the excuse that I didn't want to disrupt the time he had with his fiancee. I just didn't want to see them together. The reason was as simple as that.

Did he take me for a fool? Were all those things he said to me just 'in the moment' lies?

I exited my room, wanting to get some breathing space,  space for me to think about everything. While walking around, I almost entered the kitchen to make myself a dish, but then I realized Izuna and that hyuga was together. For the first time I saw a smile on Izuna's face that I have never seen before - it was different. Almost like a breath of fresh air in stark contrast to his gloomy expression ever since father died.

Stepping back, I decided to head into town to get dango instead. While making sure I was not seen, I stealthily backed away. Before I left I turned around one more time to witness the scene.

I wish I hadn't.

For the whole time I spent while walking to the dango shop, I felt a strange sense of longing.

_______

I didn't expect to see a certain white haired senju at the dango shop as well, for the first time to me, he looked distressed. Seeing that distressed face on his usually stoic face it was unusual.

Then I noticed the crushed flowers beside him.

I raised an eyebrow as I sat right infront of him. I should be feeling a sense of hatred for him, he, after all. Murdered my brother.

This was a new life, I shouldn't dwell in the past.

Noticing me, Tobirama glared, his cold stare trying to penetrate me, as if he thinks that when he does this, I would somehow disappear.

"Tobirama, was it?" I smirked then my eyes once again, landed on the crushed flowers. "Rejected then?"

"Shut your mouth, Uchiha." Then he looked away, like he was deep in thought.

For a moment, I was also deep in thought, realized this was a chance for me, a chance to ask something.

"Tell me about Mito and Hashirama."

"Tell me about Izuna and Rinami."

The moment those words escaped from our mouths, it was silent.

"Ah, you too?"

I glared at him. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He looked me up and down then he narrowed his eyes. "You fancy my brother?"

I turned red. "I-I do no--"

"No use hiding it." He cut me off. 

I laughed bitterly. "For a senju that hates the uchiha's, it's strange how we could have a conversation like this."

"We both want something that belongs to someone else."

Words got stuck in my throat. I like Hashirama? Was that what I was feeling?

"Y-You should be against this, for a uchiha to be with a senju, isn't that repulsive for you? Even just the mere thought of it?"

"You're someone I sympathize with." Then he laughed, but the laugh did not reach his eyes. I felt very uncomfortable, seeing this man laugh--was the world going to end? "To sympathize with a uchiha, just what has the world become?"

I sat there infront of him as I listened to everything he poured out, I laughed inside.

"I was going to give flowers to the hyuga, then ---"

I continued to listen to his rants, to see the famous albino ranting about a girl was not something you can see and listen to everyday.

A bond was formed that day, at this point in time, I failed to realize it.

_____

Later on in the day, I bumped into someone, looking up I saw the familiar brown hair then my heart clenched.

"Madara - I've been trying to contact you."

"I know."

He looked at me with a hurt look on his face. "Madara.."

When I felt a sensation on my lips, I almost wanted to give it back my heart thumped loudly against my chest, but then I pushed him away.

"Hashirama, Mito or I?"

It was a simple question, all he had to do was say it was me then I could finally be able to tell him my newly recognized feelings.

Hashirama, I love you.

After a moment's silence, I looked at him and saw the hesitation in his eyes. If it was possible, seeing that look made my heart sink. If I was the only one in his heart, would he have any reason to hesitate?

I stepped back then forced a smile on my face. "Hashirama, you're an idiot."

Turning back, I made sure to not look back, I didn't want to break my heart more than it already is. I didn't want to regret my decision.

----You were supposed to be my  idiot.