part 4 ~ parabatai

A suffocated scream abruptly woke me up in the middle of the night. I jumped in fear, my heart almost pumping out of my chest. I moved my head to the right side of the bed and glanced down at Matt.

        He was shaking, sweating, and bubbling confused words in his sleep. I rolled over closer to him and gently caressed his sweaty pinkish cheeks.

    《Hey, it's okay》I whispered as sweetly as I could.

        I carefully raised his head up and placed it on my chest, so I caressed his hair until his breathing went back to normal. I kept whispering the words "it's okay, I'm here" and it actually seemed like working just fine.

        I threw glances at the clock every 5 minutes, not managing to get back to sleep. I didn't mind though, I lived and loved the circumstance of my insomnia. Matt breathed in and out on my chest, sleeping peacefully, snoring a little. I smiled widely and softly blew a small kiss on his sleepy head.

    《Why aren't you sleeping?》he suddenly whispered with his eyes still closed.

    《Just soothing the sweetest boy on the planet》I whispered back, trying to hold back a laugh.

    《I'm sorry I woke you up》he continued with a raspy low voice.

    《It's just fine, go back to sleep now. It's okay, I'm not leaving your side

    《I don't deserve you》he barely managed to finish his sentence as he fell back to sleep, snoring already.

~

        The alarm beeped loudly, I snapped my eyes open. I panicked when I realized Matt wasn't in the bed. I sat up and looked around, rubbing my eyes and blinking.

    《Hey! Go back to sleep, mother Theresa!》Matt demanded. I brusted into a loud laughter and dropped my head back on the pillow.

    《There were so many wrong things in that sentence, I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear it》I snapped.

    《Ah. Don't quote Jace at me!》he grinned widely and climbed back on his bed.

    《You know, last night I realized something》I started.

    《That you can stay awake for 24 hours?》

    《No, dumbie》I giggled,《I realized than I like you very much, Matthew Quincy Daddario》

    《Gross. Leave the Quincy alone》he joked,《But yeah I like you too》

    《No, I mean like, you were having that nightmare and when I started caressing your hair you calmed down and ─ I don't know ─ I kinda-》

    《Wish you could stay with me everyday? Cause honestly same》he softy finished my sentence and rolled over to me.

        There was a moment of silence and hesitation, before he rushed his lips on mine and pulled me into his warm arms. For once, I actually felt at home. For the very first time of my life, I felt home in somebody's arms.

    《Oh, and there's a wedding this weekend》he added nonchalantly against my lips. I pushed his chest back a little.

    《Whose wedding?》

    《My cousin's. And I was thinking maybe─》

    《Ohgod, Matt, seriously?? I so hate weddings》