part 16 ~ you

《Come with me, big guy》I stood up and pulled him by his long arms towards my backdoor. He chuckled soundlessly as I opened the double glass door and pushed him outside.

    My patio wasn't as big as I hoped it to be, but it was cozy and cute. I really liked it. I gestured Matt to walk down the wooden stairs and stop on the grass. The only armchair-swing I could afford only had one seat, but it was super comfortable.

    《That's cute》Matt genuinely smiled.

    《Have a sit, Matthew》I grinned.

    《What? There? Where will you-》he started but I pushed him on the swing and sat on his lap. --《Oh, okay》he laughed and wrapped his warm arms around me sweetly.

    《Matthew》I breathed out and faced him.《You are just.. you're the best thing ever happened to me. I don't want to lose you, ever, okay?》

    《So come with me》he hurried with the sweetest tone ever.

    《I would follow you to the end of the world, Matthew Quincy Daddario》I cupped his face gently in my hands and I leaned in. I dropped a soft kiss on his warm lips, which he returned right away.

    The sparks I felt with Matt, I can legit swear, were the most emotional feeling I had ever felt in my whole life. Of course I loved other people before him, but with any of them I felt sparks like that. Ever. His warm touch on my back as he pulled me closer sent freezing shivers through my whole body and made my heart drop. And maybe I was rushing into things, maybe I had to write down a list of pros and cons of leaving sunny Los Angeles -- my dream city -- for grey-ish New York, but he was worth it. I knew and felt that.

    《Is this a good time to inform you that my parents are in town?》he smiled sheepishly as he slowly pushed away.

    《Um, no??》I gasped, he laughed softly and pulled me back on his lips.

.

    Matt and I got on his car, destination: Harry's place. I climbed all the way to the passenger seat and turned on the radio. Los Angeles was sunnier than ever, a warm wind blowing through our hair. I grinned as things were looking up again with Matt by my side.

    《Can we, like, have a picnic?》I blurted out. The black-haired boy driving laughed and tilt his head to the side.

    《That's crazy》

    《What? I mean, it's just picnic》I furrowed my eyebrows.

    《No, sneaky, the fact that I seem to laugh this much only when you're around》

    《Laugh? What's that? I don't know her》I joked with a grin.

    Matt's phone suddenly started buzzing, showing the caller ID was Harry guy. He threw me a side smirk, so I picked up the call for him. --《New phone who dis?》I joked, Matt cracked up.

    《I-》Harry laughed too,《Olly??

    《Harry guy! I miss you so much, where the heck you at?》

    《I miss you too, cutie》he snorted.《Wait, are you with Matt?

    《Matt who? Who's that?》I asked seriously.

    《Ohmygod are you guys back together??

    《Mh, I can't answer that, but maybe you can ask again in like five minutes?》

    《Wait, you're coming too??》he excitedly asked.

    Harry's house was one of the prettiest I've ever been to, not even joking. Matt pulled the car in the large parking lot, so we got off. Ibsoon reached him and pulled him into a breathtaking kiss.

    《Woah, what was that for?》he grinned.

    《I missed you, that's all》I looked down at my feet shyly.

    《Come here》he pulled me back and wrapped his warm arms tight around me.

    When we finally reached the front door, we knocked and waited for someone to let us in. The first person to welcome us was Emeraude, a wide grin on her beautiful face. --《Ohmygod, so it's true?? You're back together??》

    I glanced up at Matt, waiting for him to answer that question. I wanted to know, too. He shyly smiled and locked eyes with me soon enough. --《What do you think, shorty? Are we a thing?》

    《I was hoping for you to answer that for me - um - us》I admitted with a forced smile.

    《We're totally a thing》he stated proudly in Em's direction as he moved his hand on mine and intertwined his fingers with mine. I smiled sheepishly, my heart rushing to cloud nine at speed light. We were a thing. Matt and I were a thing.

.

    《Where's my parabatai at??》I called out from the living room. Harry had two long burgundy couches in the middle of the room, set in front of a fireplace and a tv screen. His style was one of a kind, which really reminded me of Magnus. I smiled at his choice of window curtains, which color matched with the rest of the wide room.

    《Olly girl!》his sweet voice echoed in the corridor as he ran in my direction and hugged me tight. How I've missed his warm hugs. --《Wait, what's that sound? You hear that too?》

    《What are you talkin-》

    《Oh, it's Matt laughing》he grinned widely.《The last time I've heard him laugh was literally the last night you've been with us. I was so worried, he was devastated》

    《Was he really?》

    《And you were too》he placed his thumb and index on my chin and raised it so I could gaze into his deep eyes. --《The sparkle in your eyes, it's back》he smiled happily.《Let me go check Matt's!》

    When I turned around, he was doing the same thing to the tall guy. I brusted into a cheerful laughter in noticing Matt's eyes going wild, clearly confused. Harry made a flip and threw a glance at me. --《His is back too!》

    《What's going on?》Matt asked, unaware of Harry's little experiment.

    《Just making sure》Harry made a grimace and disappeared in the kitchen with Em.

    《What the hell was that?》Matt laughed as he stepped closer and gently squeezed my hands.

    《Just Harry being Harry》I rolled my eyes.《And just me loving you

    《Well, that's fortunate》he smiled sheepishly.《I seem to love you too