part 33 ~ surprise?

Our bags got placed into Matt's car, as our camping trip was done. Everyone was acting suspicious. Our friends, Matt's parents, Matt's sisters, Grace, Josh. Everything was very weird the whole ride back home.

    I spent the night with Alex, Cat, and Gracie, talking about girls' stuff. We watched some awfully cheesy romantic movies and eaten lots of icecream. The blonde beautiful girl had to get married in less than eight hours, but she somehow looked way calmer than the rest of us.

    《So, as my bridesmaids, you'll have to dance. You know that, right?》

    《That's awful》I whined with my mouth full of icecream.

    《Shut up》Alex threw a pillow at me.

~

    When I woke up the next morning, Matt was nowhere to be seen. I sat up on his bed, rubbed my eyes, and noticed a note on his pillow. -《Good morning beautiful! Breakfast is waiting for you downstairs, I'll see you soon. I love you, Matty》

    I smiled so wide my cheeks hurt. I grabbed the white short dress I had to wear at the wedding and walked towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got ready, keeping my make-up as much sober and natural as possible. With my hair being done, I rushed downstairs and found a plate of pancakes waiting for me, another note next to it. --《You're probably all dressed up and ready at this point, huh. There's a surprise waiting for you, Harry will take you there ;)

    I walked outside and found my parabatai asian best friend waiting for me into his car. I grabbed my purse, locked the house, and reached him. --《Okay, what the hell is going on??》I panicked, my body shaking.

    《Can't tell, I've been threatened》he smiled widely.

    《Harold please!》I whined,《I'm so nervous what the hell?? What's all this??》

    《Are you crying already?》he laughed.

    《What do you mean already?》

    《Stop asking please》he laughed again, shaking his head.

    My parabatai pulled the car in front of a high white wooden gate. I sneaked my head out of the car window and looked around. --《Isn't this the wedding location?》

    《Yep》Harry glanced down at me and sweetly pecked my cheek.--《I'll see you later》

    《Wait, what? What am I supposed to do?》I panicked. My best friend just smiled, handed me a note, and made me hop off his car.

    I walked towards the gate and read the note in my hands. --《I can't wait to see you, reach me in the main garden. I love you.》I smiled widely and did what requested.

~

    When I finally reached the wide colorful garden a few minutes later, Matthew was standing there looking smoking hot in his wedding suit. He eventually raised his head up and threw me a breathtaking wide grin, licking his bottom lip right away.

    《What's this?》I laughed with a shaking voice, my heart pounding violently.

    《This is how much I love you》he raised his left eyebrow playfully with that cute goofy expression.

    《Seriously, Matt, what-》I saw him hiding something behind his back, causing my heart to suddenly drop. --《What are you hiding there?》

    《Okay, first of all, you look beautiful in that dress》he shyly smiled with warm cheeks. --《I got you something》

    《Matthew Quincy!》I gasped as he raised his hiding hand up. A puppy?? He was holding a Golden Retriever puppy! I gasped loudly and widened my eyes. --《Ohmygod?》

    He handed it to me and just grinned. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as the cute puppy started licking my face. --《Is this-》

    《Ours. It's ours》my boyfriend proudly smiled. --《Aw, don't cry》he sweetly wrapped his long warm arms around me and pulled me against his chest.

    《I, um, also got you something else》he spoke against my hair, blowing a warm wind on my skin.

    《Really?》I sniffled up with my nose and looked up at him in awe. He smiled sweetly and placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it gently with his thumb.

    《I've been through a lot in these past years, you know? I was about to give up, and then you texted me. You didn't know a thing about me but you took care of me anyway. You made me laugh, a lot, and that's.. that's rare》he started, his body trembling a little.

    《Matt, what-?》my voice eventually cracked.

    《You make me a better person, Olive. I didn't think possible to feel this type of love, ever. But you came along and you got me hooked immediately. I'm head over heels for you, babygirl. Read the puppy's name tag please》

    《W-What?》

    《Read the tag, weirdo》he chuckled shyly.

    I kept my gaze steady on Matt's beautiful hazel eyes as my heart started racing critically. I raised the puppy and looked for the name tag with a shaking hand. --《M-Matt》I stuttered with cracking voice as tears kept rolling down my cheeks.

    《It's okay》he whispered with the sweetest tone.

    I immediately handed him the puppy and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. My heart couldn't handle all that sweetness coming from him.

    《I love you big time, kobie》he whispered against my ear. --《I promise I will love you always

    《A-Are you sure y-you-?》

    《Never been more sure of something my whole life》

    Matt slowly pulled away, the puppy still in his left hand as he slid down on his knee. At that point I was crying a whole river, and he was too. --《Olive Scarlett, I promise to love you and take good care of you for the rest of my life. This doesn't have to be immediate, but I can't keep it inside any longer. I love you. God, I love you so much.

    《Matthew》I gasped breathless.

    《Will you marry me?