part 5 ~ that's what I like

I left the set with Emeraude and Kat, and drove towards some cute retail shops. I hated the idea of having to pick a dress for a wedding I was so uninformed about. Both girls were extremely excited, and I was still trying to figure out why.

    《What's the big deal anyway?》I sighed and frowned.

    《It's not the wedding itself, it's- you will meet Matt's family for the first time, I'm so excited!》Kat squealed.

    《Girls, for your information, it's sort of about the wedding. I mean- you're going with Matt, right? You're new to the family, you don't want them to think you don't care about this wedding, do you?》Em dramatically explained, causing Kat to roll her eyes at her words.

    《What's your budget?》Kat asked.

    《You ask good questions》I smiled sheepishly,《I was thinking maybe 20 dollars..?》

        Em snapped her wide eyes at me in disbelief, such a fun show to watch. She then coughed, relaxed her muscles, and eventually answered.《Oh, honey, you're hilarious》

        We visited an inappropriate large amount of shops and stores. Emeraude had chosen at least 14 dresses for me to try on, any of them being my kind. I wandered in between the aisles and suddenly stopped in front of a light blue dress, same color as a sunny sky.

    《Try that one on》it was Kat speaking this time.

    《I don't know.. I don't feel exactly comfortable in dresses at all. But─》I lowered my voice,《─please tell Em off heels. I really can't walk in those things

        Kat laughed and nodded in all her cuteness. We hugged and pulled away right in time to see Emeraude desperately looking for us with her hands full of dresses.

    《We might have a winner》Kat informed, Em raised her eyebrow. I blushed, looked down, and pointed at the dress I liked.

        For a moment, Em looked disappointed. But she soon grinned widely and nodded. She then quickly dragged me into the dressing room and literally pushed me inside with the dress.

~

        I got off Em's car with a couple of bags in my hands. With Kat, they had insisted for me to put on one of the other summer dresses we bought. It didn't feel too bad at that point, it actually felt nice.

        I kissed the girls goodbye and smiled at how my life was turning upside down, all thanks to Harry texting the wrong number with Matt's phone. Eventually, I knocked on Matt's door, but our asian friend opened it instead.

    《Matt's out with Dom and Alberto for something I don't remember》he smiled widely.

        I dropped the bags on the floor next to the couch and grabbed the TV remote. I turned on the speakers and logged in on youtube. I threw a quick challenging glare at Harry, who smirked dorkly.

    《Guess what》I excitedly grinned, "That's what I like" by Bruno Mars started played out loud through the two big speakers.《Dance off, my friend》

        Harry's eyes sparkled as he instantly started showing off his moves. I knew there was no chance in me winning, but we had fun anyway. Both of us sang to it and danced dorkly, solo and together. Like we had known each other in years.

        Truth is, I had never danced in front of anyone before that moment. Too shy to do anything in public, you know. Sad but true. I glanced over Harry, apparently having the time of his life. I laughed and felt extremely good. The way he had blended into the music was amusing to my eyes, he looked so happy and carried away. And I decided I wanted to be too.

        Halfway through the song, Harry spinned me around and I almost tripped on his feet at the view of Matt staring at us up and down from the other part of the room. I froze, clearly embarrassed, and blushed. Dom suddenly appeared from behind him and jumped in between me and Harry, dancing clumsily.

        Matt tried to hold back a laugh, so I carefully reached him and grabbed his hand. I carried him on our improvised dancefloor and held his left hand up, wrapping my left arm around his shoulder. I tried to make him swing, so he clumsily did. As our noses touched, we both smiled at the same time.

        I knew something clicked in him as he suddenly fit in the rhythm and made me spin around dorkly. We both laughed like ever before, until we heard a click and a camera flash blinded us.

    《This is the best thing happened to me today!》Alberto yelled overcoming the loud music.

    《Alberto what the hell!》Matt scoffed, killing the mood completely.

    《Send! I'll show the girls!》Harry yelled instead.《Also Alexandra》

    《What- why?》Matt's face went pale.

    《She's your sister, she will love it》

    《No she won't. It's embarrassing please don't. They will laugh at me, I shouldn't even dance in the first place. Clumsy is my third name》my tall crush panicked.

    《Matt, hey》I whispered,《It's okay. I have never danced in front of anyone before, which also means I have never danced with anyone before. I personally had so much fun, and I think you had too

    《Fine, send that thing》Matt gave up with a sigh of disapproval.

    《You're nicer around Olly, got the memo》Alberto laughed and moved a finger in our direction.