part 10 ~ 3 days to go

I blinked and rubbed my eyes as the blinding sun-rays violently lay on my face. I felt a strong presence on my waist, a long warm arm. Matt??

    《Morning shorty》he breathed with a husky sleepy tone and a soft chuckle.

    《Why are you still here?? Em is gonna freak out!》I panicked.

    《She won't be up for at least a couple of more hours》he smiled sheepishly as I rolled over and faced him.

        His cheeks were bright as he had just woken up, his hair messy. The vision of him in my bed in that state was heavenly and celestial. His smell filled up my lungs and sheets. I had to make sure I was awake because, in that moment, he completely looked like a beautiful dream.

    《What about your sisters?》

    《They are old enough to take care of themselves》he smiled with his eyes closed and pinkish cheeks.

    《Matthew》I awed and sweetly pushed my index on his nose, making him giggle.

    《What》he breathed out in a soft chuckle.

        My phone suddenly buzzed, showing me Harry was calling. I took a quick glance at Matt who just sweetly snuggled into my arms.

    《Olly, hey! Do you know where Matt is?

    《Um, no, why?》

    《Weird. He texted me at 2 in the morning and told me to call you if I needed him

    《He did, uh?》I glanced down at Matt and rolled my eyes.

        I handed the phone to the sleepy boy in my arms, who was now looking at me with a questioning and confused look.

    《Hello?》he spoke through with a husky voice.《Harry, hey!》

~

        Emeraude got up and stepped into her living room at 4pm. Matt and I were on her couch, watching Modern Family on Netflix with some snacks. He was sitting on the left, where the couch was longer, and I was lying down, my legs on his lap.

        We both looked up at our black haired friend simultaneously, our mouths opened in surprise. Her lips curved up into a wide smirk, we were so screwed.

    《What's going on here?》she sang, clearly excited.

    《Nothing》Matt and I said in sync.

    《This obviously isn't nothing》she grinned as wide as she could, pointing at my legs on Matt's lap.《Ohgod you're dating!》

    《What??》I pretended to be shocked at her statement,《Why would he date me?》

        Matt rolled his eyes dramatically and growled in disapproval. A soft chuckle slipped out my lips, my cheeks reddened.

    《Oh my god, you guys! Does Harry know?? Does anybody know??》Em squealed.

    《Nobody knows》Matt shrugged his shoulders.

    《Matt! You basically just admitted we're dating!》I gasped.

    《At this point it's pretty obvious, shorty》he laughed.

    《You guys have nicknames for each other! Ohmygod! I need to call Kat and Harry!》Em yelled as a crazy fangirl.

    《Matt and I- we agreed to tell you all after the wedding》I shyly stated.

    《Oh! Perfect! I'll throw a party then!》she ran towards the kitchen.

    《Em!》Matt called after a brief hesitation.

    《Yeah??》she happily sang.

    《That was a lie》he shyly admitted, I arched my eyebrow at him.《Harry knows too》

~

        The rest of the afternoon was chill and kinda boring, if you ask me. Everyone had to be on set for some new info about Shadowhunters, which meant I had to stay alone.

        I grabbed a book and stepped outside. I lay on the green grass of Em's backyard, right next to the swimming pool.

        I started feeling weird, wasted, dazed. I couldn't stop thinking about Matthew. Was it how being in love felt like? Every little thing, smell, even song, made me think about him. I tried to swipe all of my thoughts away and got undressed, ready in my swimming suit.

        I placed the book on the patio table and my clothes on a modern white patio chair. I inhaled and exhaled sharply, before jumping into the freezing water. I stayed underwater for as much as I could, spacing out completely.

    《Are you mermaid or something?》a familiar voice questioned as I sneaked my head out of the water and refilled my lungs.

    《Cat?》I arched my eyebrow,《You have the keys?》

    《Nope, I climbed up the gate》she smirked mischievously.

    《Catharine!》I gasped and shouted.

    《Just kidding》she laughed,《Alex has the keys, she's making us fresh Orange juice. Yum!》

~

    《Did Matthew ask you to come and keep me company?》I asked as I rubbed a towel on my soaking wet hair.

    《No》she answered.《Okay, yeah. He did》her laugh cheerful.

    《Also, it's only three days to the wedding. Do you know how to dance properly?》Alexandra chimed in with a glass bottle of Orange juice. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

    《Exactly what I thought》she laughed and rolled her eyes.《I'm going to teach you. Right now