Chapter 11: The Perfect Day

Xavier's POV

"Alina!" I grab her as she blacks out and slumps forward onto me. Sitting up with her in my arms, I tap her cheek to try and wake her but she's knocked out cold. I start to panic internally,"Oh goddess, Alina. Babe wake up,", shaking her shoulder.

"She obviously isn't going to wake up. Take her to the pack doctor, she probably just needs to sleep it off," Riley, who I had forgotten was there, says in an obvious tone. I growl in annoyance and glare at her.

"Oh, hush big bad wolf. I'm not afraid of you and I will tell Alina if you do so much as lay a finger on me. She'll whip your ass." She smirks smugly.

I huff and gently crawl out from under the table with my beautiful mate in my arms and jog inside, dodging the airborne food, with Riley close on my heels. I rush into the infirmary and call out to the pack doctor. She rushes out of the back office, takes one look at my panicked face and an unconscious Alina in my arms, and tells me to put Alina down on the closest bed. She quickly tends to her and checks if she sustained a concussion.

"Okay, nothing to worry about. She did hit her head pretty hard but she will be perfectly fine in a few moments, just let her rest and have her take some pain meds once she wakes. She'll be right as rain, Alpha, it's just a bump," she smiles reassuringly and puts a small paper cup with few pills on the side table next to the bed, leaving the room.

"What did I tell you?" Riley sits in the corner with a smug grin.

I roll my eyes at her and sigh in relief as I sit beside Alina with her hand in mine, waiting for her to open her beautiful blue eyes.

*********

Alina's POV

A continuous throbbing at the back of my head draws me from the dark abyss. Groaning, I open my eyes only to be blinded by bright light, white walls and the sterile scent of the infirmary. I look around and see a strong hand draped across my waist. "What the hell? What happened?" I ask groggily.

Just then Xavier's eyes pop open and he sits up, giving me a bone-crushing hug. "Oh, thank god you're okay." he says with a relieved grin. "You're in the pack infirmary. You knocked yourself out under the picnic table." He explains with a sheepish smile. I try to remember what happened when it all comes flooding back to me, the party, the food fight and the kiss. Well, this is awkward...

Suddenly footsteps are heard rushing through the hallway and all the guys burst into my room and simultaneously question if I'm okay and wrap me into hugs. I grin evilly to myself as a little idea came to mind.

"Wait, who are you guys?" I say all confused, putting those dramatic skills I inherited from my mother to good use. They all step back and look at me with gaping mouths.

"What do you mean Lina?" Riles asked, laughing nervously.

"You don't remember?" Thea said with tears conjuring in her eyes.

"Coco-nut...Come on! Don't you remember your best friends? The A Team? Anything? Tell me you remember... " Jason exclaims while shaking my shoulders frantically with a look of horror plastered across his face.

"Do you know who I am?" Xavier whispered while shuffling towards me, taking a hold of my hand. My breath hitched, he looked so torn. My resolve started to crumble right then. I could barely hold it together anymore. I glanced behind him to see Alex and Aiden watching nervously for my response.

"Of course I do. You're the doctor, aren't you?" I looked at him in all seriousness. He looked as if he was about to pass out so I took his face into my hands and kissed him softly for a moment. "Of course I remember you. How could I ever forget that you complete me," I whispered to him, pulling away. I looked into his eyes and saw the rest of my life, filled with love and adoration. I'm pretty sure he saw the same in mine as he gives me a soft smile, pecking my forehead as he steps back.

I let him go and turn to address the rest of them. "Guys I'm just pulling your leg," I cackled like a hyena, sorting a little and they sighed in relief. Thea came up to me and slapped my arm.

"You're horrible you know that right?" she huffed in annoyance. I laughed at her pout and gave her a wink, "but you love me either way."

"You're lucky you're already in that hospital bed!" Jason deadpanned.

"Alina you should have seen how panicked Xavier was when you blacked out. I thought he'd piss his pants," Riles said with a small giggle.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged sheepishly, clearing his throat and glanced around the room, finding interest in the plain white walls.

"How long have I been out for?" I ask

"For about 2 hours, the food fight ceased in more or less 20 minutes after they heard the host knocked herself out. Everyone is chilling in the pack house." Jason shrugs casually.

"What?" I ask in surprise, looking at the clock on the wall, it's barely 9:30. Usually the pack get-togethers last well into the morning.

"Okay, I want to get out of this place because I have already been out for 2 hours and I feel perfectly fine," I say, fighting off the sheet, sitting up and putting my shoes on.

Once we were out of the building Xavier took my hand and led us to the pack house and into the lounge with Thea, Aiden, Riley and Alex in tow. I walk up to my parents and assure them I'm okay. Unsurprisingly they weren't that worried considering how clumsy I've been all my life.

I spot the birthday cake on the table and light the candles once more - or at least what's left of it. "Blowing out candles never gets old!" I sigh in content and look up to see everyone looking at me like I just suggested we all run around naked while chanting God Save The Queen.

"What?" I shrug my shoulders at their odd looks.

Next thing I know I'm tackled to the ground by some of the little pups from the pack, forming a dogpiling once they saw I was alright. Laughter rings out from older members of the pack and Xavier tries to come to my rescue but ends up under the dogpile alongside me; a fallen soldier, being no match for the horde of overexcited, sugar-filled pups. 'He's great with kids,' Rhia tells me, happy her mate is gentle when he needs to be. He sure is, I respond, looking over at him laughing with the giggling pups.

Today was everything I could have wanted. Our wolves finally had the chance to meet after years and bond, we had an awesome prank filled day, I shared my first kiss with Xavier and then some. I certainly wouldn't change a damn thing, not even my minor mishap, because this moment right here was perfect.